• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favourite guitarist?

LedZeppelin

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    Tch. Anyone who knows me knows it's definately Slash (Guns N' Roses) and Jimi Hendrix (Jimi Hendrix Experience)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    While not the best guitarist I've heard, one of my favourites would be Steve Soboslai of Punchline, because he's a down-to-earth guy who actually hangs in the Punchline chatroom and talks to the fans... I love that band for doing that.

Kim

Years
    I'll be a good friend and say my friend Joey Palminteri...since he's, you know, one of my best friends, and his band is making it big...if anyone's in the Tampa, FL area, they're playing the Jannus Landing soon, and as we all know in Tampa, FL, that's where the big guys play.

Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    While not the best guitarist I've heard, one of my favourites would be Steve Soboslai of Punchline, because he's a down-to-earth guy who actually hangs in the Punchline chatroom and talks to the fans... I love that band for doing that.

Jani Liimatainen also do that, you are not alone my friend

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Hillel Slovak from the RHCP
    and Flea from the RHCP

Come on thats not even a hard question.

Probably one of the only few bands that stayed close to their roots...

Always refreshing and always awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
    Jani Liimatainen in the finnish metalband Sonata Arctica. He is just sick, no-one can match his speed on the guitar

I beg to differ, when it comes to speed, Herman Li from DragonForce just takes the crown, he is a awsome guitarist and is the reason i love Power Metal, a true legend XD

LedZeppelin

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    Digital Mage said:
    Given your name, I would of thought you'd say Jimmy Page.

I only picked LedZeppelin cause I couldnt think of anything else XD And just because I love them mucho, doesnt mean I'm gonna think of them as the best...They are very close to being the best, however XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Chase Leader said:
    Hillel Slovak from the RHCP
    and Flea from the RHCP

Come on thats not even a hard question.

Probably one of the only few bands that stayed close to their roots...

Always refreshing and always awesome.

Flea is actually a bass guitarist. I don't think bassists were meant to be included in this discussion. That's really a tough question though. If you are asking simply who is the best guitarist I would have to go with either Hendrix or Paige. They are probably the most influential and groundbreaking guitarists of all time. If you're asking who my favorite guitarist is, I'd go with either Adam Jones of Tool or Tom Morello, formerly the guitarist of Rage Against The Machine, and current guitarist of Audioslave.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Carlos Santana....I have only been listening to his stuff since 1999 but he is awesome. ^^ The first song I ever heard his stuff in was the Rob Thomas written song "Smooth"

Kim

Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    What's his band? Is it one we're likely to have heard of, and is it signed?

His band is Deshrived. They're big in Florida, but I'm helping promote them elsewhere. You can check them out on MySpace...I honestly am not big on their new singer, but they're my friends and I support them haha.

Back