• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favourite Rival?

Who's your favourite rival?

• Total voters

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    I picked silver cos i think gamefeak done a good job in the characterisation of silver and how he develops to appreciate Pokemon

KidJaejae

Homunculus-based Trainer
    Years
    Blue would have to be my favorite!
    I favor his personality and design most, plus, what other has had the opportunity to play the role as Rival, Gym Leader AND Champion?

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
    I picked Silver because he's awesome. :3 I love his story though, the son of Giovanni? Completely threw me off the first time I found that out. At first he's really rude, but then he grows up a bit and treats not only his pokemon with respect, but you as well.

HarmonyChains

Hex Code 013
    Years
    I absolutely love Silver. A friend told me he liked May/Brendan because they were the first friendly ones, but from my perspective, even Silver soon starts to become something of a buddy throughout the game. My own specific instant is when you have to disguise as a member of Team Rocket, and he finds you out and is like, "[name here]? Why are you wearing that?! Take that off!" Or something close to that. Something about that parts make me see him as more of a travel buddy than an enemy.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Barry of course! I love how your character and his connect throughout the story and the fact that he's always rushing around and fining you is pretty funny. Plus his team becomes rather awesome and the fact that you get to double battle with him is even cooler! I make sure to always allow him to end up with an Empoleon though since in my mind, that is his one and only partner Pokémon. x]

You summed that up well. Him always being in a hurry to get things done was funny as heck.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I like Silver because he gave me a reason to beat him. Pokemon Thief? Check. Cruel to his Pokemon? Check. Cruel to the player? Check. Everything I love to hate in a rival? Triple check.

Blue is an okay rival, too. He's arrogant and the only one to actually become the Champion. Those are nice traits in a rival.

After second gen, the rivals became more like friends and less like rivals. I really prefer the arrogant I'm-way-better-than-you'll-ever-be rivals over the friendly ones. I can be satisfied with my win without any guilt.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Hugh because he's just so cool looking!! But I have yet to play Black 2 White 2, so I'm just going to go with Blue in this poll because he's been my favorite up until this point.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
    Blue i actually feel a rivalship (Is that a word? xD) when i battle him, and i always strive to have my pokemon equally match his so it's a fun battle.

Last edited:

Red99

World Champion
    Years
    Blue is my favorite rival cause although, in RBY/FRLG he's kind of a jerk, but he does become champion, and gains the status of a gym leader. Also, in the manga, he's just really cool.

Back