• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your little (or big) buddy?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    a snorlax. although im still a few candies short of getting a weezing and a muck, im walking a snorlax because im in the process of hatching 3x 10km eggs. most likely coincidence but i hatched an exeggute out of a 5km egg while i was walking one, and the same with vulpix. 2 more kilometers to go!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Mine is currently Charmander, because I really want Charizard, and I dunno how common wild Charmanders are for anyone else, but you never see them around here. ;;

Years
    Right now I've got Slowpoke as my buddy Pokemon. Haven't seen one in the wild for over a month now, so I figured if I ever wanted a Slowbro, I should start walking with it!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    urgh. I had managed to stay away from GO in weeks, but yesterday I started it because a friend made me. So I put Dragonair as my partner <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't have any buddies right now; I wasn't aware of this feature until today.

I feel like this is a perfect addition, though; it's not very easy to earn candies for certain Pokémon, and this kind of helps with that.

Years
    I finally hatched a Magnemite so I've had it as my buddy since. 40k later and I still need like 20 candies. :x This is going to take a long time.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I've been switching back and forth, getting one candy then switching.

Right now mainly just the 1km ones like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Clefairy and Geodude.

If I still need 20+ candies for a Pokémon I wait until I hatch one and only need 5, then I might leave it in there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    My buddy is Charmander because I just have one came from egg. Before that Pikachu was. And after that Graveler will be.

Years
    • Age 29
    • She/Her
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Magmar is my buddy atm. I think I'm mostly gonna use this new buddy system for my more rare Pokémon.

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
    Currently have Grimer as my right hand man. I just need Muk and Lapras and I'm done with the Pokedex for what I can catch in my country!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Used to be Charmander for which I earned a total of 53 candies from walking / ridin in traffic a total of 159 km. But since I have not caught any additional charmander with better IV (even the hatch is also elusive) so I stopped before I can reach the point I can evolve it all the way through Charizard.

Now, my buddy is Kadabra which I walked currently at 9km. This one is a Wonder Kadabra so I will may be switch this out once Alakazam is achievable already.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i wish i could put stardust as my buddy. i have decent amount of candies for most of my guys but no stardust. i have to catch about 595423 pokemons just to power up a pokemon once or twice.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    I just swapped out my Buddy to be my Arcanine. Now I'm feeling like a Beastlord from my old Everquest days ...

Back