• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who's your pokemon catcher?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I was curious what pokemon you guys use to catch wild pokemon with? What moves do they have? I am currently just using an aegislash with false swipe but im looking for a good one something with false swipe and a status move

Years
  • I just throw Ultra Balls at them xD I know you have to weaken them first lol But be careful with False Swipe cause some Pokemon know moves like Take Down and they might faint.

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
  • I use my Gallade with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Protect and Thief (For use on Pokemon with Wild Held Items), but I'll be trading Protect for a high PP move so I don't have to always use Thief...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I use my Gallade with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Protect and Thief (For use on Pokemon with Wild Held Items), but I'll be trading Protect for a high PP move so I don't have to always use Thief...

Ralts can get hypnosis? Must have over looked it

Years
  • I personally have a Doublade right now. At some point I have a Kirlia I'm gonna evolve to Gallade, but it needs to learn Hypnosis first and I'm too lazy to level it. D:

I've seen some people use a Scrappy Pancham so False Swipe hits ghosts.

Honestly there are so many odd situations that could come up if you're catching a certain Pokemon, having multiple Pokemon that can False Swipe is probably not a bad idea.

But be careful with False Swipe cause some Pokemon know moves like Take Down and they might faint.

Doublade/Aegislash is actually great for avoiding that because it's Ghost type! If I knew I were hunting something with Take Down (like FS Eevee) I'd bring the sword(s) with me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I've used a Gallade with Psycho Cut/Substitute move for Dark Types, Thunderwave (didn't think of using Hypnosis, oh well), False Swipe and Mean Look (cool to have, but somewhat obsolete, because in X and Y there's only one Pokemon who likes to run away and even that is scripted...)

I even caught Moltres with him.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I use my Jolteon to paralyze things with Thunder Wave, and then if necessary, I switch to Scyther for False Swipe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Before, I used to have Parasect with Spore and False Swipe; first, it'd make opponent fall asleep with Spore by using former, and eventually drag it down to 1 HP with latter. It made capturing extremely easy, and I was pretty happy! Later, I had it replaced with Breloom, who's got the same, exact moves. Only difference is that it's more fast. In future, I'm probably going to have Smeargle for things like this, as it could learn and use pretty much anything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Masamune, my wonderful Farfetch'd, is my premier False Swiper. Usually goes hunting with Sophitia the Gardevoir, who inflicts paralysis on the intended capture target.

Years
  • I use my boyfriend's Scizor for when he made a new file and transferred his Pokemon over (that he ended up not wanting back). It has False Swipe and is in its 60s so it's at a good level. Sucks when certain 'mons kill themselves with Take Down or something after being swiped though, pff.

Years
  • Most Pokemon I need I can easily catch with a Quick Ball or Dusk/Ultra Balls (since I mostly catch Pokemon for breeding now); however, for legendaries and difficult Pokemon, I'll use my Malamar with Hypnosis. It helps that it has Contrary, as the opponent will raise its stats if it has a stat-lowering move, haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Just finished my gallade with false swipe thunder wave and skill swap perfect for hidden ability hunting and catching

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Right now I've just been using a Protean Frogadier (lvl 45) to catch Pokemon; I don't catch them much anymore. If I was ever serious I would just use a Smeargle or Parasect. Make the Pokemon fall asleep then False Wipes it. Spam Great Balls and wa-la!

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I have 3 Pokémon I always have with me in the Safari Zone. It's a Scyther, Fearow and Absol that all knows "False Swipe".

Back