• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who's Your Starter?

Who's your starter?

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There isn't one that stands out to me right now. It's unusual because there's always one I like a little more than the other two.

So my decision will be based on their final evolution this time and if it's still a tie then I'll decide based on if there are other new grass/water/fire Pokemon I want to use on my team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    I feel like the bunny will have the coolest final evolution, in terms of looks....

I could be wrong. It was guesswork with Gen 2, 3, 4, & 5. Although subjective, I was accurate in my gauge of the starters, by looks.

Years
  • right now, I'm definitely going to go with Sobble. It's so cute. But, who knows - it might change as addl evos are introduced. I do have a tendency to go with water starters tho.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I think they are all cute and have potential for some cool evolutions. I'm not Team-anything, but I am slightly partial to Sobble. We'll see though!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Gonna wait on the final evolutions and their typings to decide. Though I have to say that something about a baby water lizard that looks like it might cry at any minute makes me want to pick it up and love it forever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I figure I'll probably go with Sobble regardless of the final evolutions. I realized a few generations back that I always go with the water type, so I don't see much point to debating over my choice. So far, I actually like all three starters, which hasn't been the case for me that often of late. So, Sobble it is for my main game (probably Sword).

No idea which starter I'll go with in my second version yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    I like Scorbunny and Sobble. I'll probably give the slight edge to Sobble because it's a water type and it can use surf. The final typings could definitely change my mind about all three. Grookey looks just ok to me. Overall I like them as a group. I plan to get both versions so maybe I'll use Scorbunny for Shield.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    AS of now, I'm loving the colors of Scorbunny. Im hoping that since the shiny of litten was white, the shiny of scorbunny will be black...

I also want to see evolutions before I choose.... even though I know I restart play throughs and choose differently every time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    I'm really torn between Scorbunny and Grookey...Seeing their final evolutions might help me decide.

Years
  • Continuing with the tradition even though I never owned a Pokemon game in first place, I'd say the fire type. I mean c'mon, that fire rabbit's just begging me to take him on my journey.

Years
  • The grass type's my favourite, which is usually the case. I wonder what it'll evolve into - oftentimes I like the evolved stages less. I like Scorbunny too though, I've been waiting for a fire bunny for ages! I remember creating one myself when I was still into that years ago. I don't like Sobble much in itself but I does have potential to turn into something wild.

Tl;dr: I guess we'll know in time

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    None of them particularly jumped out to me during the reveal, but if I had to choose one right now, it'd be Sobble I guess. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

Back