• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Whose design did they ruin the most?

Whose redesign is the worst?

• May

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Maxie

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Tabitha

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Archie

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Shelly

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    But Tabitha. What is this, Game Freak? Not only did you give the guy a girl's name, you made him FAT. It's like his entire existence is a joke. It's just comes offf as ridiculous.

Oh, and it's difficult to make an earnest grin intimidating. Great design choice there. GF.

I just assume that they wanted to add some diversity to people in games, since most of the characters haven't been overweight.

Where are these images?

They were on Serebii, but Abnegation posted them in this post here. :)

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    May.

Just two things, really- but two things that seem to me to be rather poor design choices.

-That topknot, as OP mentioned. So strongly is it associated with middle-aged, disgruntled women stuck doing menial housework.

That- or I've seen some gangstas sporting that look.

Still looks ridiculous, though.

-Two pairs of shorts.

Why.

It simply does not logic.

Years
    -Two pairs of shorts.

Why.

It simply does not logic.

Were you around for the original Hoenn games?

Whose design did they ruin the most?

Pants pants, dude.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    Were you around for the original Hoenn games?

Whose design did they ruin the most?

Pants pants, dude.

Heh. Can honestly say that I didn't remember that.

EDIT: Ah- now I know why I couldn't remember; I haven't played Emerald.

So I remember them as such
    Spoiler:

Which also reminds me that I'm gonna miss May's gloves. I think they're pretty rad.

Last edited:

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Tabitha, by a landslide. I'm sorry, but shouldn't Nintendo/Pokemon/Gamefreak be promoting healthy lifestyles, not obesity?
    Shelly is my most favourite admin in the Pokemon world, because of her looks and the colour of her hair. I love red heads. It's alright if she gets a bit of touching up for the newer graphics (Pixel Art is not the best for 3D stuff), but the redesign is unnecessary for an character with a great design (Did you see her in Pokemon Adventures/Special? KAWAII!~~) that still sells in the kid department.
    I'm surprised about the amount of redesigns of people in ORAS. Did people really hate the designs of people? In Heartgold and Soulsilver, barely anybody was redesigned. Lyra was a totally different character than Kris. Ethan kept his basic design. Why can't May? Her design was basically worshipped by Pokemon lovers. Is she going to look like that in the anime if she comes back for a cameo? Please say no. She looks sorta retarded now. Is this what genwunning feels like? I am so cross playing as Brendan if this is her final design in the end.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think we will all get used to it and grow to like the designs. I have a feeling the boutiques will serve the the gen III markets once served. I don't think any of the designs were messed up, in fact I'm looking forward to seeing them in the games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I wouldn't mind Tabitha so much as a new character… it's just that I liked the old one already.

Years
    I wouldn't mind Tabitha so much as a new character… it's just that I liked the old one already.

That's exactly my sentiment. Don't really understand the violent redesign there - most of the other characters still, at least in some way, shape, or form, resemble their older design. Tabitha looks like a completely new character! I think they should have tried to retain some of his traits, to make him look recognizable.

Back