• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whta teams do you use in the battle tower?

What pokes do you use in the battle tower?

• Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EV's

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Any others.

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    Well, in RSE I used the three Regis and they were great, but in the new Wi-Fi D/P world, I just use three Pokes from my team, usually a combo of two sweepers and a mixed tank (I've found walls don't help much there). Something to the effect of Gallade, Specs Kingdra, and Dusknoir. Those three do pretty well, but I also use other combos.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    I went into Battle Tower with Toxicroak and Infernape, made through on the first try. Got a black belt for my time.

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    Just wondering, but anyone ever thought of maybe (if possible combination) using mind reader and a OHKO move? Just a thought :P

I'd probably use the normal pokemon, like starter - other - other or something

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Nice, what streak is his legends?
    Don't know if anyone answered this yet, but to reach Palmer's second level (and finish off Tier 3), you've got to reach #49.

I train Pocket Monsters specifically for the Battle Tower (EVs, etc). Legends don't really matter as Nintendo's "ban tier" divides the overpowered ones, at least, in their eyes. So yeah. And in case anyone wants to know my team you can read about them -> [ here ]. My UGS team got to 164, and I have yet to give them another run. Although I plan to! ...once I get my sister's DS. <<; After that I've got some other Yawn Pocket Monsters (such as Togekiss & Umbreon) for my next leads to feed Garchomp & Scizor their sweeps. :D

KadabraK said:
    Just wondering, but anyone ever thought of maybe (if possible combination) using mind reader and a OHKO move? Just a thought
    That may sound good in theory, but once you meet a Policeman (aka, steel-type themed team) you're basically going to get ruined by Sturdy. And you've got to be bulky enough to set that up. Not to mention Focus Sash strategies will be troublesome. :x Just seems like too much work for such little result, really. Six turns to KO three Pocket Monsters? You're not going to last long with all the crits, unlucky Quick Claws, etc fighting againt you.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    I'm usually a bug Pokemon type trainer, but I have others, too!

Sceptile:
    Toxic
    Protect
    Detect
    Leaf Blade

Raichu:
    Protect
    Thunderbolt
    Brick Break
    Grass Knot

Vespiquen:
    Attack Order
    Heal Order
    Toxic
    Protect

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    Hey, I'm just wondering what the average person uses in battle tower, you can post your single OR double OR both teams if you want.

I use as my main doubles team lead Tyranitar and Skarmory. Tyranitar's Sand Storm doesn't affect Skarmory and neither does his Earthquake attack. I've also PP Maxed the Earthquake for better use.

Years
    OK I just got my Diamond ver. so im gonna use my Pearl team.

-Metagross
    :Hammer Arm
    :Zen Headbutt
    :Giga Impact
    :Flash Cannon
    -Electivire(from Shocking Secret Gift in Battle Revolution)
    :Cross Chop(breeding)
    :Thunderpunch
    :Icepunch
    :Earthquake
    -Dusclops(couldn't evolve it yet)
    :Shadow Punch
    :Shadow Ball
    :Hyper Beam(trump card)
    :Fire Blast

Back