• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why Aegislash?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I noticed as I battled that Aegislash is a common Pokemon to use online. I ask: Why? Almost anyone who used one against me loses. People stall with it, I out stall them. They Cast King's Shield, Earthquake eats it. When the stance changes from shield form to blade form, they die very quickly. I had one in the main game, and I hated it. They are just so fragile.

My Weavile owns it,
    My Arcanine owns it,
    My Haxorus owns it,
    My Lucario owns it.

Why do people keep using this thing?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well, yeah, a lot of Pokémon own each other, but I personally like Aegislash because, well, it's actually pretty easy to utilize. It's not that difficult to take down, but it could definitely defeat a bunch of opponents by its own, single hand. Defensively, it could make a great staller.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Aegislash is good because it can easily take a hit in Shield Forme, then strike back hard in Blade Forme. On a predicted King's Shield, it can cripple Pokemon that use a contact move on it by sharply lowering its Attack. Aegislash is a Pokemon that takes prediction to use. The SubToxic Aegislash set excels at stalling since Substitute shields Aegislash from status moves that King's Shield can't block. It also gives it a buffer against strong moves while in Blade forme.

Aegislash that lack King's Shield are meant to play as hit-and-run attackers, since switching out is the only way for them to revert back to Shield Forme.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    The SubToxic Aegislash set excels at stalling since Substitute shields Aegislash from status moves that King's Shield can't block. It also gives it a buffer against strong moves while in Blade forme.

I have seen people use this. But after countless stall battles, I have learned to outstall my opponent. Just for kicks, I would Toxic the stallers to unstall the fight. It's a lot of fun watching people rage quit.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Why do people use Lucario?
    My Charizard owns it.
    My Infernape owns it.
    My Jolteon owns it.
    My Breloom owns it.

Pointing out a pokemon's weaknesses always makes it look terrible. Aegislash isn't bad, you just have pokemon that counter it well.

Pinta77

Yeah there's ways to take it down... but it has lots of pros too. I like ageislash. I gave it a shot and it became part of my team =) I think it's a decent and unique pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Weavile is a very unreliable counter to Aegislash, as Aegislash is perfectly capable of using King's Shield to predict an attack and then OHKO all variants that aren't holding a Focus Sash. You'd have to be a pretty stupid trainer to leave Aegislash in Blade Forme against any Dark type as it is.

Aegislash is an interesting Pokemon but due to severe overhype and overusage from the community, I've pretty much seen all there is to an Aegislash. Most of the time, inflicting the burn status ruins all variants that don't rely on Special Attack, and King's Shield can't do a damn thing to stop it either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Thanks for your input, and Kameken made an excellent point. Because my favorite Pokemon just happens to make waste to a commonly used Pokemon, I never took the time to think that a lot of people don't use the team I do. (In fact, I almost never seen anyone use Weavile or Lucario against me.) I should consider training an Aegislash for online battle use, and see what I can do with it.

Years
  • Because Aegislash is fun to use x3, playing mind games with it and such. My favorite variant would be the Weakness Policy Aegislash as it is meant to dent the opponent's team as much as possible during early game or mid game(or sometimes pull off a sweep), as most people say the set sucks, they just don't get the idea behind the variant tbh. But imo most players don't know how to use Aegislash properly.

But still, taking down the thing sometimes brings a smile to my face :D

Years
  • Aegislash is like, so awesome. I have lots of fun using it in-game and it's so amazing competitively as well, especially in the hands of a smart player. It has a good type combination, the ability to do both offensive and defensive roles and well it can utilize a lot of good sets in the competitive game.

I really love using the possessed sword, and you should definitely try it out if you haven't yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    people love using Aegislash because it can be a very defensive pokemon as well as a physical Sweeper, although I've seen a lot of people miss use Aegislash making it look weak and useless when actually it can be a B0SS and completely sweep someone team.

Back