• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Why are there so many FireRed Hacks?

Years
  • Sure Firered is easier to hack, but Emerald has dive, contests, berries, battle animations, battle frontier, the Verdanturf Town micrograss, etc. With all those cool features I really don't know why people prefer Firered. Maybe it's a new trend?

All those things you pointed out are the reason many people are leaning towards Emerald now.
    There's even a thread on the Research and Development sub-Forum for Emerald only.
    I really hope Emerald hacking becomes a thing because I personaly hate how Ruby looks.
    Not just the tiles, the layout of the boxes (like in the menu or text boxes) and the sprites, it's just hard to get used to it.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • Saying that Firered is the easiest to hack, is in my opinion wrong.

Why Firered is used the most is probably that Firered was the luckiest of them all, and a little bit because of the hackers afterwards.

As JosefigGaming stated someone just prefered Firered at that time when a tool was build over the others.
    So people who made other tools obviously took firered into account more.

And when JPAN made the hacked engine, off course that everyone would support it so that they're name could be in the credits section.

I mean Jambo or anyone else wouldnt have expanded the Pokedex of firered if Jpan's engine was for Emerald.

Darthatron would never have animated Firereds titlescreen, if say everyone was at that time hacking leafgreen over the other ROM's.

Mr.Dollsteak would never made that rombase for firered, almost everything was supporting Ruby.

Im not saying that people made tools, or anything just for the fame, off course someone needed some knowledge in ASM for the school or anything else etc.

But it is a fact, that people who created anything for the ROM's, wanted as many people to use the work they did(Whats the point in creating anything if noone will appreciate it?).
    And since Firered was just lucky there, they went with it.

This thread could be called "Why are there so many *insertyourgbaPokemongamehere* Hacks" if it was lucky back then.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    EDIT: I found out you can use Advance Text for RSE. Damn noob.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    One major reason many people use Firered is because you can edit the text in Firered very easily using Advance Text which you cannot do with Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire.

You most definitely can use Advance Text for RSE, I myself use it only for decapitalization stuff in Emerald.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    You most definitely can use Advance Text for RSE, I myself use it only for decapitalization stuff in Emerald.

Oh I see. The Advance Text I use might be configured only for Pokemon Firered as I have always used XSE for Pokemon RSE and when I try to open Emerald with the Advance Text I got nothing appears.

Back