• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are you still into the Anime?

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
Years
  • I still watch it, about 6 months or so ago I started from episode 1 now I'm at episode 370 :). Its such an awsome show, I hope they never cancel it.

Maydevoir

Years
  • Ehh, I stopped watching it ever since the new voices came in. I never really liked them. But fortunately for me, I have DVDs of the old seasons, so it's really the only reason why I still watch it.

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
  • I just really like the characters, and I don't want to ever stop watching it. I'm really glad too that they still keep Ash, and I looove Dawn. ^_^ I hope the girl in black and white will be awesome too!

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I watch it because I think Team Rocket is hilarious. xD Although I am one of those people who likes the old seasons (and voice actors) more, I still watch the new episodes though. Just not as much. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Because I like it! That's why! :P

I also wanted to catch up with all the seasons I missed (especially the Diamond & Pearl seasons). The old episodes, however are classic for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I've only gotten back into it myself after many years. I was only up to the Johto league before I ceased watching it. I've been honoured by sites that allow me to watch the episodes online. I guess for me that childhood safety, chasing dreams and achieving them, in the more teen young adulthood, life how all difficult that may seem. What's seen in anime is only a moment away however in life it could days, weeks, years or decades away before it happens, I'm speaking from a psychological point of view. The good ol' days are always the best...

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well i have been playing pokemon and watching pokemon and even collecting pokemon stuff since i was age 5 till my age now.I have always been a fan of the anime thou due to there's been many times i have wanted to quit pokemon due to being picked on or issues with real life,but when ever i see a episode it cheers me up and makes me want to keep on going.That is my reason.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I don't watch the new episodes (after the Johto season), but I still re-watch the old seasons. I'm actually on episode 100 right now. But anyway, I find it interesting probably because I grew up with it. I also didn't understand some of the dialogue and references that the voice actors threw together in the script, so it's nice being older and identifying the little references I never noticed before.

I also don't watch too many dubbed anime. The only ones I've seen are ones I saw when I was younger (about 10 of them at least) and when I started rewatching them in Japanese, I noticed a lot of the things the dub tries to do like translating exact lines from the original, but because they do this, it loses the whole joke or pun that you would understand if you understood Japanese. In the dub Pokemon series however, I know there are some things that fans are bothered with like the whole Brock calling a riceball a donut (which he actually fixes in the later episodes), but from what I've noticed, the dub voice actors have a lot of fun making up their own dialogue while still trying to get the same point across as the original Japanese version. In my opinion, you can watch both versions and enjoy them, but when I watch both versions of most other anime, I tend to like one or the other more. Then again, it just might be because I grew up watching the dub, so my opinion is probably biased.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    I just want to see Ash win a official pokemon league from the games. come on it's been almost 13 years!!

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I still watch it because...... well its just funny and cool! Haha
    I like to see battles, maybe that's it. Heck, I still watch the old ones.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Pokemon holds an irreplacable spot in my heart.

since the days i watched the clasic kanto cartoon before getting on the school bus. then the day i got my first game, emerald

no matter what other hobbys i have pokemon will allways be something to fall back on when im in a down mood.

Back