• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Are...

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Heartbreaks so difficult to deal with? have you ever found yourself in a situation of having your heart broken and found it hard to deal with the emotions that come with it? But the real question is what makes a heartbreak hard? actually receiving the heartbreak or letting her go and moving on?. Personally for me; its the second one...I'm actually stuck in a situation like that myself at the moment.

I know I'm not the only one that has been put in a spot like this; I'm really not sure if this subject even belongs in "Other Chat" if not then it can be moved so its alright. But I thought I would share my thoughts with others anyway.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh, interesting..

Well, any sort of pain, mental or physical is never any fun to deal with. 'What makes a heartbreak hard?' actually seems like a trick question, because it answers itself in a way. It's the heartbreak itself that makes it difficult to deal with, because often times that's the worst sort of pain there is. Physical pain, like spraining a wrist, or getting a cut sure heals a lot faster. :/

I'd also say that letting someone go, goes hand-in-hand with heartbreak a lot of the time. Because that can be part of what triggers it, right? It can be hard to deal with it, but I think of it like.. if you can move on, and find someone else, it'll heal. Not to mention that sometimes, you don't have a choice. A lot of people think "Oh, I'll never find anyone else. ; ; " Which.. isn't true at all. >-> There's always someone out there.

..Now pardon me while I go kill my sudden serious mood, and stalk some pokeymanz threads. xD;

Years
    Heartbreak is like death - sudden. Even if you know it's going to happen the moment it hits is still hard. You have to adjust a lot of things in your life: how you act around and speak to the person, how you talk about them to other people, and every place you go and thing you do that you associate with that person is going to remind you of them.

Finding someone else isn't always going to make it the pain go away, although it might help you focus on someone else until you can work through it. But that gives you another problem because no one likes being someone's rebound.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Speaking of which, today a girl at my school, I don't know if she just got dumped but she was with a guy and he was trying to comfort her and she was crying and screaming really loud. Everyone was looking at her weird and she was a senior so that's like all the junior respect lost(not really) but it looked really painful.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    You know; you guys are right, I mean I don't believe that I won't ever be able to find someone else, its just at this moment I'm finding it really difficult to let go. I accepted and understood the reason for why she did it; distance between us just grew to be too much. It hurt her terribly knowing that she had to hurt me, since we both do love each other a lot. But I guess...sometimes no matter how much you love someone and they love you in return, its not always going to workout in the way you wished it to do so. I'm in the stage where I don't ever want to fall out of love with her and fall in love with someone else. Cause she is an amazing and brilliant person; But I know I shouldn't linger and keep holding on forever when there is a chance that things aren't ever going to be how they were for us to begin with.

I know in time that the both of us will be alright; its just hard to accept what is and what can't be, even if you very much wish it could be.

Judging by what you said rikudaman; it was more than likely she suffered a break up and perhaps a bad one at that. and believe me when I say a broken heart is a terrible thing to go through; it can make things difficult but don't ever let seeing people go through bad experiences with a break-up stop you from experiencing love one day.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    This is just a theory, but...

Because of the potential of true happiness a relationship can bring, its breakdown raises too many questions directly related to your heart at once and that's what keeps you down. The smarter you are the more those questions about the failure to have this true happiness can bite you.

You're going to have a hard time. I really don't have a solution how to not suffer [unless you're a sort of idiot whom to those questions never came up].

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    When I broke up with my ex, I was actually happy despite him being the (first) love of my life. We hadn't seen eachother for a while before, so it was on the cards, but the time between the last time we spoke to oneanother and when I finally realised we needed to break up was agonising. It basically felt like my life had ended, and it hurt so much whenever I thought about him, or what he was doing. But a few months on, I feel a lot better now. So whilst it feels like the most terrible thing in the world, it does get better. :3

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I don't get heartbreaks. I'm a comitaphobe ;D

I don't like being in relationships, 'cause even when I have a crush on someone, I know I'm too shy in relationships to do anything anyway. I don't like being that close to people. Friends with benifits is much better in my opinion 8D

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    I don't get heartbreaks. I'm a comitaphobe ;D

I don't like being in relationships, 'cause even when I have a crush on someone, I know I'm too shy in relationships to do anything anyway. I don't like being that close to people. Friends with benifits is much better in my opinion 8D

I'm somewhat the same..

Though one time I did make the effort to try and get with a girl only to find out she had a boyfriend..

That really sucked..

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like most things, love and all that goes with it is really a temperary state. It can be with you at one moment, but the slightest change of things can alter your feeling of something or someone. So, when dealing with love issues and such things as a heartbroken cause, then yes it does hurt and most of the time it will hurt. However, that isn't to say something new will come along for you and maybe it'll be for the right reasons your last heartbreak happened. So, even though it is a hard crisis in life to deal with, it is just another obstacle, but you must not forget that things happen for a cause and what may happen next may be even better.

To tell you the truth I have been heartbroken before, and it did hurt. Though, when you really think about it, like I did, things like this happen to everyone but you've got to be strong and move on. However, it could take some time to do so, you can still do it if you at least try.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Why Are...

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    Only too much, my life is based on rejection and emotional breakdowns, okay, maybe not that serious. But I can never, and will be able to take heartbreaks the easy way. It's just who I am, no one can change that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Its hard letting someone you love go. I remember crying (I never cried in 6 years but that made me cry T-T) after my GF of 1 year dumped me and said she never loved me (Even though she said she loved me a million times -_-").
    The hardest part is hearing he/she say that we are through.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    My ex broke up with me the day after Christmas last year. Good times. I still kind of miss her, but it didn't really hurt after the first day or so.

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

I lol'd.

Eevee4Ever54

Paramore #1 Fan <333
    Years
    I think I have... it was difficult, I had to hold my feelings in and I did a pretty good job at it, but I couldn't vent my feelings to anyone because no one could help me.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Recieving the heartbreak hurts me more than letting it go, but I've never received a heartbreak involving humans.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I've faced circumstances where I could have let my heart be broken, but I move on quickly. I've got people to do and things to see.

Can't say I'm innocent in causing heartbreak, though.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It's been very difficult for me since me and my girlfriend broke up about two years ago, I could just feel the connection between us and I know she was the one. We didn't break up under natural causes, her dad actually made us and because of the distance since she moved, he won that. I found it very difficult to move on and when I thought I found someone else, they blew me off so it was very hard as this was recent. It is just hard getting so close to someone then having to let them go because you don't want to. But we all have to go through it at some point, gives us something to learn from as life moves on.

Back