• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why, Ash? Why did you do that?

Years
    Why, Ash? Why do you not age!
    Will he age? Will he ever be replaced?
    It was also stated that he wouldn't be replaced nor would he ever age.

~FAQ

(And how does your Level 57205723597259275924572987987524098009852483232425242090998709835 Pikachu lose to a Level 5 Snivy? Seriously, how?!)

That is because of an apparent level reset Pikachu faces at the start of each region so that the show is a fresh beginning for the new viewers. Secondly, levels don't seem to matter much in the Anime.

And finally:
    Spoiler:

Totally stealing this off Kirbychu~ :D

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Why, Ash, why do you not remember anybody/pokemon that you said you were going to remember and even visit! Why have you done several journeys in, not even, one year? Why do you get stupid at the start of every season and become a hypocrite as well? Why do you feel the need to stalk a new trainer so they can become your rivals?

I blame the writers. :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I remember in the episode "Leading a stray" he made a wild Swampert faint and didn't bother trying to catch it.

In all his travels hes met loads of different wild pokémon - never really thought of catching them, did he?

This.

Why, Ash? Why do you not age!

(And how does your Level 57205723597259275924572987987524098009852483232425242090998709835 Pikachu lose to a Level 5 Snivy? Seriously, how?!)

Both of these. The second one was partially justified in Best Wishes because of Zekrom's thunderstorm interfering with Pikachu's electrical abilities, but still. One Iron Tail or Quick Attack could pretty much 1HKO Snivy at this rate.

The first one is really annoying. He has aged before. Just LOOK!:

YOUNG ASH:
    Why, Ash?  Why did you do that?

10-YEAR OLD ASH:
    Why, Ash?  Why did you do that?

I don't care, the writers could explain it with some weird Dialga-related temporal shift story. Just give an explanation already!

And as for me: Why, Ash? Why do you have to get all of the hot girls (Misty, Lyra, May, Dawn, Iris) so they don't hang out with me (and in me, I mean Red [Wyatt], Ethan/Gold [Skyler], Brendan [Sean], Lucas [Clinton], and Blair/Touya [Nero]). Cruel Pokemon world. :cer_cry:

Guest123_x1

Here are some of Ash's blunders that I remember:
    *His letting go of Butterfree and Charizard.
    *His poor choice of Pokémon to battle Whitney (particularly Miltank) in "A Goldenrod Opportunity", as well as a few other mistakes during that battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Here are some of Ash's blunders that I remember:
    *His letting go of Butterfree and Charizard.

Charizard, like Squirtle and Gliscor, wasn't "let
    go". It can be called upon at any time to battle and has made several appearances since he was put into training.

And he was let go because Cyndaquil needed time to shine.

Bunch of whiners in this thread.

Serperior

ɱɛʟт
    Years
    Charizard, like Squirtle and Gliscor, wasn't "let
    go". It can be called upon at any time to battle and has made several appearances since he was put into training.

And he was let go because Cyndaquil needed time to shine.

Bunch of whiners in this thread.

Of course this thread was supposed to be whiny, it's the anime section...

Anywho, why does he have terrible computer skills? Like that one episode from Johto where he was looking up Gary's Pokemon and the computer went all berserk.
    [/FONT]

Back