• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Ash's Pikachu is Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    yea well you all are trying to say, that what you believe is right and and what i believe is wrong, saying over and over,'No it's not shiny' trying to convince me i'm wrong, when you have no proff of it

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Remember that near the end of Johto the animators switched from manual coloring to coloring with the computer.
    If I compare the older episodes with recent episodes, not only Pikachu's colors look brighter, everything else too in the recent episodes.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    well i'm stating my opinion as well, and I believe Ash's Pikachu is shiny, and my opinion is final, no one can change it

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Now, now.

If Konekodemon wants to believe that Ash's Pikachu is a shiny dispite all opinion and reasons stated by others, so be it. Let it rest. No need to get all worked up over.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I really don't see how Pikachu is shiny, it has been shown with other Pikachu lots of times and it's colour has never been diffrent, if TC can show us some proof then i'll listen but till then he is still just a regular Pikachu, that becomes overpowered/underpowered depending on what the writers want.

EDIT:
    I247.jpg

The Middel right Pikachu is Ash's one, so are you telling me that all the Pikachu there with him are also shiny?

Last edited:

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • well i'm stating my opinion as well, and I believe Ash's Pikachu is shiny, and my opinion is final, no one can change it

well.. if you already had that opinion soooo fixed in mind, then why even set up a thread to provoke further discussions?
    weird. =/

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Um.....PINK BUTTERFREE? Im pretty sure that was Gen I

That was explained in the Orange Islands Episode "In the Pink" In which it was shown that eating the Pink Berries on one of the island turned all of the pokemon Pink. The same shade of pink as the Pink Butterfree.

And to the original poster, I have to ask: If you didn't want people to post their own opinions, and post logic that says that your opinion can't be right, then why did you post the thread in the first place? O.o (Not being sarcastic, lol, actual question)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    just to say what I think is all

Well if you still think that Ash's Pikachu is shiny even though we have given you lots of proof that says otherwise and you have given us none that helps your clam then your an idiot.

Reactions:

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Well, it served as a basis for the idea of Shiny Pokémon, so while it's not a "true" Shiny in this respect, we could say that it was still a Shiny anyway and it wouldn't be wrong. (Or you could alternatively take it that the Butterfree existed just for an excuse for Ash's Butterfree to leave, but whatever.)

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    lol, that's weird if it's not a shiny Butterfree why is it pink, the crators hadn't invented the Pinken berries back then

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    i'm just asking why it's pink, what's the problem (be nice with answer)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    i'm just asking why it's pink, what's the problem

It is pink because the writers wanted it to look special for the purposes of the episode. Nothing more.

As for your original claim, I have nothing to say. If you refuse to accept the entire thread worth of evidence to the contrary, then there is no point even trying to talk about it, now is there?

EDIT:

oh, that well it isn't a theory it's an opinion

I think I figured it out why Ash's Pikachu is supposed to be different then other Pikachu. I saw a picture of a Shiny Pikachu and it was the same color as Ash's Pikachu. I think maybe Ash's Pikachu is a Shiny Pikachu.

No, the above quote is quite clearly worded as a theory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back