• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why can't Nintendo hold all the wi-fi events all the time?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
  • So yeah I just recently got platinum and I'm gonna get my friends secret key but why can't they redistribute the members card or keep up the event year round?

Because there's less in it that way. If that were the case there would be no point to them being event Pokemon as everyone would have them and then they wouldn't be able to charge people to go to other events because they missed the Wi-Fi ones.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • If they did that then they would surely end up running out of events and event ideas. Besides I never go to the events anyways because they are usually a waste of time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • If they did that then they would surely end up running out of events and event ideas. Besides I never go to the events anyways because they are usually a waste of time.

I totally agree with that statement, why go now if there is wi-fi connection as well as someone can cheat and pretend that they got it legitally

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Exactly. Allthough, at least it would prevent as many people hacking legendaries.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I got Shayimin few hours ago .
    Started to train him with some Starters ! My goal 4 hayimin is to reach Lv. 60 so it becomes worth !
    It is good my WiFi is back on now ! I can get all events again ! Yayyyy !!!

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • The obvious reason has been said, but now for the less obvious ones.

If they ran WiFi events year round, the servers would get cluttered and crash. Not to mention that the events would interfere with one another. And lastly, the less frequent an event, the more desirable the pokemon.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    If they hold Wi-Fi events constantly it would defeat the purpose of it being a special event.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I totally agree with that statement, why go now if there is wi-fi connection as well as someone can cheat and pretend that they got it legitally

:t354:TG

I just can't figure out why Nintendo doesn't mark the Stats card of said even pokemon to distinguish them from the hacks.

Kaphei

Spiritist
    Years
  • Also, by adding a time-limited-event near the release date of the game, helps the first weeks sales of the game, as more people will be buying it, thinking of the event (that's what made me buy Platinum sooner).

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
  • i dont even think nintendo made ONE event for wi-fi for pokemon diamond on the mystery gift, the only events are in some kind of store like gamestop or toys r us, i want to get free legendarys from my home, thats not fair!

Back