• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did they even introduce Morrison?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Does anyone actually like him? They could have come up with a much better rival for Ash. Also without Tyson the Ever Grande Conference would have been a complete fail.

What do you guys think?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They introduced him to be Ash's league rival like Gary was in Johto and Paul in Sinnoh so he could have some rival going in. He was never intended to beat Ash (Honor goes to the Other-Sons). That was his sole purpose from the looks of it.

e: For the rest of the question, I didn't hate him. I was happy that Ash had some rival going into the Hoenn League since he didn't have a big rival for that series. It would've been annoying for Morrison to have been introduced early on since his act would've grown stale. He actually reminds me of Barry I guess but calmer.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Morrison was awesome. His zeal for PKMN battles was presented really good. I hated his voice in English dub, but in Japanese dub his voice was played by the same voice-actress, who was playing Goku in DBZ. It was awesome to hear Goku in Pokemon (lol)

Years
  • Morrison was absolutely epic. 'he was a friendly rival who actually seemed to be a copy of Ash personality-wise. Sure Ritchie looked the same as Ash and used similar Pokemon, but I loved Ash and Morrison's rivalry.The Hoenn league also happens to be my favorite one.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Sajmon180 said:
    Morrison was awesome. His zeal for PKMN battles was presented really good. I hated his voice in English dub, but in Japanese dub his voice was played by the same voice-actress, who was playing Goku in DBZ. It was awesome to hear Goku in Pokemon (lol)

But Morrison was voiced by Sean Schemmel who's Goku's English voice actor so wouldn't that make his dub voice just as awesome?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Morrison was ace. Ash didn't have anyone like that to interact with since Ritchie, and even then, this was on another level. He's got top marks in my book for that alone. Extra credit for being manly enough to wear pink and whole get-up.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Nah I liked him. It was interesting to see Ash with another rival, who's less experienced than him. And I enjoed the battle he had with Ash, too, with him not actually fighting properly for the start because he didn't want to fight his friend. For some reason, Angie reminds me of him every time I see her.

Years
  • But Morrison was voiced by Sean Schemmel who's Goku's English voice actor so wouldn't that make his dub voice just as awesome?

Lets just say that Sean Schemmel didn't played his voice really well. He sounded like King Kai in Funimation, I didn't like it. Sean Schemmel only plays Goku very well...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Sajmon180 said:

Lets just say that Sean Schemmel didn't played his voice really well. He sounded like King Kai in Funimation, I didn't like it. Sean Schemmel only plays Goku very well...

Oh I see what you mean. His voice was terrible. Ugh.

Back