• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY did you get addicted to POKeMON???

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
  • Just wondering why you guys became addicted to POKeMON!!!
    POKeMON was just real cool so when I was seven i always watched POKeMON!
    I had two games on my gba that time: Spiderman, Yu-gi-oh.....
    On Christmas, my mother gave me my very first POKeMON game: POKeMON Sapphire!!!!!!!
    I get addicted and I buy FR/LG and Ruby... And I really loved Pokemon Cards!
    After that.. around 10 years old...
    I learned of emulators and i had a DS! Finished all POKeMON games on DS and GBA then
    since my mother didn't buy me an emerald version :(
    I'm eleven years old by now! Just learned about rom hacking and stuff...
    First hack I finished is POKeMON Sienna Beta 3 and second is POKeMON Light Platinum!!!
    Hehehe, this is off topic but I'm getting more addicted because of The LeafGreen Hack by Cutlerine: A Grand Day Out!
    Finished in a hour and a half!

Last edited:

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • To be honest, I suddenly had a nostalgia attack some months ago and decided to start watching again (but I ONLY watched the classic Pokemon; not the new stuff. I really hated Generation 4 and Dawn made me sick.) Sooo, I was really into Team Rocket and Rocketshipping, but then I noticed that Pokemon Best Wishes (Generation 5) had been released, and it had a striking anime style. I also noticed Team Rocket were actually bad now, which is what I've been waiting to see. But, the main reason I'm addicted is because of Cilan! x3

Bika

lmfao
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    It was my best friend as a kid. My Pokemon were my babies. All those adventures are still crisp in my mind. I kept wanting to always play more, and now I'm 19 and I still play everyday.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    It was my first game I played (like, THE first game!). When I first inserted my PKMN Blue cartridge in my GBC, it was love at first sight. The sprites, storyline, gameplay, it was all total AWESOMENESS.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got into Pokemon through the show and cards, but I wasn't entirely into it back then. When I bought Ruby and Sapphire, that was when I got totally addicted.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Back when Pokemon started (in 1998 in USA) I still was in school, and I was switching channels on TV and saw the anime and I got hooked instantly. It's been my favorite anime since then.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I happened to be just the right age when Pokemon was at the peak of its zeitgeist. Everywhere you went there were hoards of Pikachu: on TV, in shops, in homes etc. And, being a young-and-impressionable child with a passing interest in video games and cartoons, Pokemon really appealed to me. Had I been slightly older or slightly younger, I don't know if I'd have been quite so addicted to the franchise... but it's hard to say for sure. Hypotheticals are only that, after all.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I didn't get into it until around 4th grade, when everyone else was sooooo into it. But once I did, it was the only game I played. To this day I can't stand most other games.

But then around 6th grade I felt like whaaatever and stopped playing it for a very long time.

Then, about half a year before I joined PC, I found out about hacking. I loved every bit of it, and then eventually I outgrew it (however I don't think it's immature, I'm just not that into it anymore) and so now I'm just posting around, making clubs and challenges, and hanging out around the Creative, Technology and Media, and Off-Topic forums. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I had never played pokemon when I was younger, then I started playing it to see whats all the hype about, dear God am I addicted! Pokemon games are amaizing!

Back