• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did you join PokéCommunity?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I didn't give the kids a chance to remake such a history filled topic now did I? Ah well. *shrug* This topic has been thrown around by various other people, just reviving great topics like usual.

So, what reeled you into PC and what made you stay?

For me, it's actually quite funny when I look back at it. I joined to check the avatar limits. XD Also after viewing a guide by Tortured_Soul. As I was creating my own at the time, finding his guide from Google. After checking the guide out and seeing the forums overall, thought I'd stick around. So, I joined PC due to a hidden power guide, and trying to find a forum that could fit a wailord animation for my avatar. XD Obviously, I'm still here after getting active my first week and just coming to enjoy everything about this forum. I suppose everything PC has to offer kept me, friends as well. The friendly environment was a huge factor as to why I stayed here. :D

So, that's my reason. Why did you join, and why are you still hanging around?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ah, good topic, BeachtasticalBoy. x3

I joined because of the writing. Yes, the writing. I noticed that authors actually helped each other here instead of "HARR AKLJF GABLASSSSSMICK!!!!!!" so that made me happy. And I also wanted to talk about PokeSpe with people. And look at what I've got going. -pokes PokeSpe Club-

Though I think I get on here so often I have dreams about it. xD The one I had last night...well, I'll save it. That's another story. xD

I love you PC! -huggles computer- And people on PC, of course. :D

Years
    The reason I joined was primarily because of PokéSpecial scans provided by nicoleb that I found in PC's Manga section. I wanted to give something back to the community that provided these resources; I didn't feel it was fair of me to keep coming by so frequently without actually registering. 2005 was a very eventful year on this forum and I just found the place attractive enough to join.

I started to explore other sections of PC. I mainly resided in the Art Gallery and its sub-forum Home of the Sprites (now known as Pixel Art.) There are a couple of reasons why I decided to stick around, mainly because of how vast the forums were and the regulars were immense. Two of the main reasons why I stayed would be because of a sprite comic I had been making at the time and a friend I had: Cookie luvs Green, I found her to be awesome company and it helped motivate me more to just come on everyday and talk to her for hours on end. I honestly didn't expect upon joining this forum that it would be a turning point for me due to the many events that have happened, it's sort of wondrous to think about at times.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Not this topic again... =P

I was looking for information on the Macho Brace back when I started to learn about EVs in 2004. It was actually several months later that I found out how to register. I previously couldn't register because I didn't have an email address and didn't know how to get one. Throughout all those months, I had PC favourited so I never lost the URL to it. It was in my favourites because I noticed people registered here were discussing some game mechanics I had never known and I found it quite interesting so I stayed and viewed the forums as a guest almost everyday.

Years
    I joined because... either Angela asked me to, or she was like "There's an Ash club... :D", and then I decided to join. XD PC was a large forum, and I'd only seen one before, so I was curious.

I stayed for good a few months after I joined because SPPF, the forum that I used to frequent daily, was starting to make me mad. It wasn't as fun anymore. I remembered that I had joined PC, so I decided I'd give it another shot. I've been around since. :D

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I was one of the many who joined to download Shiny Gold and to learn more about hacking. Since then, however I've become friends with people and have learned that Hacking is a skill I don't possess. I stick around because I still find joy in the people and the C&T section.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Three words: Pokemon Shiny Gold

I decided to stay because I took a liking to alot of the Rom Hacks here and the Wi-Fi battle stadium. Then a few months ago I started to take a liking to OVP and Computer/Technology. Now I have many friends here such as zel, Gerri, and many more people like Silver Riolu.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I wanted people to seed some pokémon torrents. Although that part of the forum has gone due to licensing and legal issues probably.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I found the Pokécommunity over google, looking for some help with honey trees. I thought it looked pretty good, so i joined. I've stayed here because of the Pokécommunity's amazingly friendly environment.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I joined because of the friendly atmosphere and the nice people. :D

The threads are also interesting, and the staff making it clean and SPAM free aswell which is nice.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I joined because I needed help in Pokemon Ruby. D:

No really, Deoxys was a new rumor so I decided to google it. It took me here on PC. I made an account here 2 years ago, then I lost the password, so I made another account and another one at that. There are still many more you haven't heard about. >D I disappeared for about a year due to utter boredom and I have taken intrest in other sites. I also came back because of utter boredom. I dunno what kept me here all this time. Three years later, I am still glad I joined PC and I don't regret anything.

@Siggy: I WANNA SEE YOUR SPRITE COMIC AGAIN! D: Those were good times :'D

Years
    When I first came across PC the default banner had the Pokemon Special characters from the R/B/G/Y and G/S/C arc. So I joined. xD

And then I found teh PokeSpe club. And then I knew I was here to stay! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2008
    Good explanation BeachBoy. I joined the forums for a opportunity to help people with their pokemon and other problems. I like giving people a second chance to get back up on their feet. ( except for my brothers!) :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I joined for the love of Pokemon. I just restarted FireRed and needed people to discuss it with. =D

I love Pokemon so this is a perfect place for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i actually got referred by another member, Pureza, from another forum im on (its dying, unfortunately) now i've been a member since February, and i love it here!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    how I came to the PokeCommunity:
    I was at google and I typed in Pokemon Forums and some websites came up and this website seemed the most formal, So I joined temporarily to find out somthing on Pokemon DIamond, but then I got hooked

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well, I was googling something in came across the site. I was kinda scared at first because I thought this place was full of sassy people like I see oe other forums. I staqrted to explore around a bit and I found that the people here are incredibly friendly, so I was like why not join. I joined in 2006 but I didnt start getting active untill the mid 2007s. PC is also a pokemon forums so that also grabbed my attention, but I really didnt pay that much attention to that fact. This forum has friendly people, awesome online friends, a friendly and safe environment, and it is a relaxation spot, what more could you want.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I joined for the manga scans, mostly. xP Plus a link was in somebody's sig on Serebii, so I was like 'what the heck, can't hurt.' I joined in February, stuck around until April 3rd-ish, went on hiatus, came back, and here I am! =D -shot-

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Let's seee, I had some friends who were here at the time (though I don't ever remember seeing them post after I joined XD), and since I wanted a place to post my sucky fanfiction, they recommended here :> And that's the only reason I came here for a month or so, and then the infamous Drew and the Coordinators Club popped up, annnd I've been hooked here ever since XD;

Back