• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do many people texting a lot?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I like texting because it's a way to talk to people without using your voice. Sometimes you just wanna relax and not say anything for a bit but still wanna talk to people.

As well, what about those people that are far away? I still think in person chatting is better but I don't think texting is all bad.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    I suffer from social anxiety, and I don't have a single close friend who lives in my state. How else am I supposed to comfortably communicate with people, besides things like Skype and texting?

Years
    Zach wants this thread
    smh

---------

Texting is a good way to communicate with others, especially in the instance that the internet may be down, or that you don't have internet access. It's also convenient since it's not disturbing (unless you're driving), and it doesn't require you to speak at all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I don't see anything wrong with texting. xD I text my BFF all the time, as well as many PC friends here. I find it a quicker way to communicate. Sometimes we just don't feel like calling. We use our minds to say things. :P

Years
    The thing that really ticks me off though is when you see two or more people texting each other when they're in the same room.

I've never experienced that myself where I've seen people text each other within the same room, but yes, that does irk me as well. And that goes without saying that your successive post mentioned that texting can be seen as a method of hiding, which I also agree with because in my personal experience, I would much rather text someone instead of calling them to hide my voice.

With that being said, the majority of the people whom I text are long-distance friends in different cities because of schooling :c Unfortunately, it's only occasionally that they come back to visit their hometown since they're always busy with schoolwork or co-op. I view texting as an easier form of communication that could be easily misused in the sense that people are often using it as a replacement for talking face-to-face, but can be substantially helpful to many.

Years
    I don't think texting is a big problem. And thats not just coming from me because I'm a person you can never pry of my phone :3

Texting is just a way to send short simple messages. I mean, imagine if you just called someone, just to say, ":D". (which you can't even express on the phone without facecam)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I don't have unlimited minutes/web on my phone. I only use it for texting, either to my friends here when I can't reach them or to my classmates who are hopeless during group projects. Sometimes I walk while texting. That's dangerous, kids.

One time I sent my twin brother a message on the ps3 and he yelled down the hallway. :D

I'm really not much of a speaker. :(

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Sometimes I walk while texting. That's dangerous, kids.

I never really believed that..
    Until one sunny afternoon, just a few years back, my best friend tripped in a pothole in the middle of busy Main Street. -_-

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't text. I don't see the point. On the same device I could email or tweet, why would I use texts when I don't have any texting plan?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've texted my boyfriend in the same room multiple times before, or IMed him - because he's in the middle of a game and talking to him will break his concentration. I want to convey the message to him when he has a pause in the game, but his computer screens don't face my direction so I can't tell when the pause will be; thus, I text him so he can look at it whenever the pause happens and respond to me. I don't mess up his games, I get my response without forgetting to ask him later, it's a win-win.

Back