• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Crappy sprites, I mean, look at this abomination:
    Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

While R/S/E weren't my favourote games, I disagree with this statement. Can you honestly say that sprite is worse than this?
    Or this?

Anyway, I think the Hoenn Pokemon don't get that much criticism compared to the Sinnoh ones. Plus, Hoenn introduced Blaziken! :D

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
    People hate Hoenn because they are stuck in the past and can't get out due to wearing their Nostalgia Glasses.
    Unlike most fans, I welcome change and new features. I think the hate is purely immature.

So all I have to say to the whiners is: "U mad?"

Years
    While I am a nostalgia person, I have no problems with most Hoenn Pokemon. Feebas can go die in a fiery pit, but apart from that, I can't think of anything.
    While Hoenn contains Pokemon like Wurmple or Plusle that seem to be somewhat inspired by older ones, it also has a lot of good Pokemon.
    Most starters are very good ones (I find sceptile rather ugly, but I'm cool with the rest), Zigzagoon is one of my favorite derps, Nuzleaf is among the best things that ever happened to Pokemon, and Pokemon like Numel or Flygon are clearly among the better ones overall.
    No, I wouldn't call Hoenn bad. If we're talking about Sinnoh however...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I enjoyed the Hoenn region the most, basically because there weren't lots of pokemon from the previous gens, compared to Sinnoh and Johto.

Hoenn Pokemon also got the greatest looks, they were cooler and more dangerous looking then the pokes of other gens.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I don't know but I agree with the person above me. Hoenn is pretty fun~

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Personally, I just plain didn't like the Hoenn pokes as much as in Kanto and Johto. Its a matter of taste. And before you start hating on me and calling me "overly nostalgic," I like Sinnoh's Pokemon better, which is a newer game.

However, Hoenn did have very awesome geographical features. Unfortunately, it was lessened by awful tilesets.

Years
    I personally think they should stop making a lot of new Pokemon now and just carry on creating new worlds etc. When there were only 150 around, everyone was so excited in seeing the NEW Pokemon (aka Marrill etc). Now it's hard to even remember / keep up because there's so many NEW Pokemon around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I personally love Hoenn Pokemon and I'm currently collecting them in shiny form. It was just the game the got to me. R/S drove me crazy trying to complete the game. Until, I lost it that is.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I don't think it's the Pokemon as much as it's the actual game that people hate.
    I have a friend who hates RSE, yet his favorite pokemon is from that gen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    *cough* Absol *cough*
    But seriously, I think the Pokemon matured (Absol, Aggron, Salamence etc), but the environment didn't and got worse. The colours were awful and the game itself, apart from the sea, was too scripted. Cerulean cave and the mansion were my favourite parts from the older games simply because they balanced out the otherwise happy-go-lucky atmosphere in the games.

Mizogorou

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Because they were used to the old bad graphics, and they couldn't catch their fav Pokemon. But the landscape and new Pokemon were epic.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Because it was a huge change from the previous generation, and whenever you have a change, there's always going to be a vocal minority that don't like it. Which I completely understand. Not everyone likes the same thing, so don't go hating on me thinking I'm hating on you. D:

Although personally, I have to say Hoenn was one of my favorites. I really enjoyed it and what it had to offer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i liked some of the hoenn pokemon, but to me it's evident that the creators are shifting from innovative to minimal/cutesy and gradually pokemon has stopped feeling like pokemon and more like a forcefully drawn-out franchise. it could be nostalgic bias fogging my brain, but what looks like a gradual lapse in creativity over the years is disappointing.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Because they're wearing their nostalgia goggles too frequently. Anyone in there 20s are likely to be the 'haters' of the Hoenn region.

I actually have a great deal of nostalgia for Hoenn, so I'm not really one to talk. I was only 10 at the time of its release, and Pokemon was still all the craze at school.

What seems to piss everyone off the most is the many water routes. I actually liked them.

Sinnoh is the real turd for me. Bad region layout is bad.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    I like hoenn but not as much as the older gens. I personally think that most hoenn pokes are better than the sinnoh pokes due to the fact that new pokemon are getting uglier and uglier..! try to scoop out the image of the new starters for pokemon black and white..! aren't they horrible..?

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Hohen pokemon seem a lot less... cartoony(?) than the previous generations. Not sure, just seemed that way to me. But my personal favourite was Johto.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    I just think that it got too overboard. I personally favour 1st gen over all others.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Metagross and Flygon say hi.

Anyway, I'm of the camp that thinks that every generation has its good and bad Pokemon. So I really don't hate on any generation's Pokemon (Playing through Hoenn is another matter entirely, however).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back