• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why do people want "legit" pokemon?

Derarath

||||||
    Years
    I don't get it, why do people want "legit" pokemon? Aren't legit and hacked them same? If not how can you tell?

Thanks

Senerio

Realist, not idealist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Some Pokémon games are capable of detecting whether your Pokémon are legitimate or not - the idea of getting a legitimate one is better in that it will not be detected as bad, guaranteed.

Derarath

||||||
    Years
    So in the Diamond and Pearl games, they will detect if your pkmn are hacked? Will you still be able to play wi-fi?

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    People want legit pokes for many reason some include:

1: Not wanting their Pokemon to be generated by computers, they believe that it should have been taken care of by a human.

2: They just feel that the people should leave the game alone, and play it quoted from an sppf users post : "Why don't you people just play the god dang game instead of hacking it?!"

3: Some people think that others should work hard for raising their Pokemon and that they get an unfair advantage if the other person hacked.

As for people who support it they might think:

1: I can't go to an event so i hack it to get it.

2: It was just too hard to catch.

3: I wanted to share with my friends but hacking to copy the Pokemon was the only way i could do it without giving up my precious (put rare Pokemon here).

4: Again this is quoted from an sppf user "'Cause i got an AR and i wanna use it, that's why."

So you see that the thing is a double edged sword fight that i would rather stay out of. Both sides have good arguments, but in the end i think that you shouldn't hack. But then again that's just my opinion. Yes you will be able to play wifi, but some people wouldn't want to play with you.

Years
    The GTS can detect all sorts of hacks and will delete (or ban?) your Pokémon if it sees they are hacked.

Beyond that, even if you hack for something you could otherwise get, you're still getting it without any effort, as opposed to those who actually put in long periods of time to IV/nature breed, EV train, and find shinies. The games are designed that you put in the effort with these things as your reward. Hacking for them is cheating.

Trading hack Pokémon over wi-fi to someone who doesn't know they're hacked is swindling. They may trade you something they put in hours of gameplay to get for something that took you one minute to get by entering a code.

Years
    People want legit pokemon to use at tournaments.

You can tell by multiple things, like event pokemon with certain OT names. but XD can tell if the ID and secret ID don't match.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    get caught? ehhem, i play for my own pleasure, and to amuse that pleasure, i try to experiment as much as i can with every possibility except for legendaries. it would take VERY LONG and would require various resources to legitimately train all kinds of pokemon. rather than buying a whole other Game system and set of videogames, one could just simply purchase an AR.

and i haven't heard a thing about how the GTS operates, but i highly doubt it can penetrate through simple "Wild Encounter" codes. on the other hand, it would definitely catch a Venasaur with Thunderbolt. remember, the AI is consistent of various lists full of data, and there is nothing about catching a Pupitar in Route 101 that deems to be inconsistent with the design of the script.

Shadez

-
    Years
    i personally think that hacking is okay but not the hacking kind from put a level 100 legendary in there or something but if you also make it hard to catch i think it is okay than cause i actually hacked ones but i did it trough a flash card ... back to the point and i used it so i could catch a celebi cause that is my favorite pokemon and it isn't that i did anything weird with it is just placed it in the game and i'm still trying to catch it so

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    These things can be compared to and checked for, since you are, after all, uploading your Pokémon onto hte Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers. They can moderate any Pokémon that come in and recognise the means of them Pokémon, for instance.

sure, but how extensive can that regulation of team conditions go? you're willing to think that a, let's say, Dratini caught in a faulty area with the "Wild Encounter" code enabled in D/P would be detected by the GTS.

but how far will that go into including possible faulty "Wild Enctounter"-caught pokemon from GBA and transferred over to D/P? i HIGHLY doubt that D/P has a recorded set of data that refers to all of the GBA games' Wild Encounter information.

meaning to say, if i used AR for FR to retain a Dratini in Rt 101 and transferred it to D/P, then GTS would fail to recognize the fallacy of wild pokemon in the GBA game. if they DID have this kind of information inside the D/P cartridges, then there's no reason why they DON'T have cross-generational trading (DS to GBA).

and it is, therefore, safe to assume that if they don't have DS to GBA trading, then they don't have that kind of information implemented into the GTS. if they don't have that information implemented into the GTS, then it's safe to assume that they probably didn't bother countering AR "Wild Encounter" efforts.

this of course, is all from logic and speculation, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. it won't be much trouble training the available D/P pokemon for the time being anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I don't actually own any hacked pokémon but I'm ok with people doing it as long as they don't overkill it.

Really all I think it should be used for is getting the event pokémon that are impossible to get else were. I haven't heard of a single Pokémon event in the U.K since I started playing back in 1998 so why shouldn't I be allowed to get event only pokémon just because there aren't any events I can get to without boarding a plane?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I don't get it, why do people want "legit" pokemon? Aren't legit and hacked them same? If not how can you tell?

Wow, this has to be the most slap-in-the-face question I've ever seen. <.<;; People today still have morals, y'know? I went around and caught all 380 Pokemon by myself without any help from glitches, hacks, or cheats. That tends to fill me with a real sense of accomplishment.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    People don't want hacked Pokemon because they're being cheated, and (with Event Legendaries, mainly) a hacked Pokemon could fail to work right.

I personally don't have much of a problem with that. The only way that I would "hack" the game would be to get the ITEMS to access the Event-specific Legendaries, since I can't get to them. That way, the game still sees them as legitimate, since they are; the only thing I cheated about was the item. I wouldn't have any problem getting a Pokemon like that since the other person still had to battle and train it. Other than that, though (like the Wild Encounter codes), no thanks. I catch the Pokemon on my own, without the help from a cheat device.

Really, all I think it should be used for is getting the event pokémon that are impossible to get elsewhere.

Yep.

agiht

Fo Sho Yadadamean?
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    I agree. I only used the cheat to get to the island where Mew was. I don't think it's fair that since I missed the event, I can't catch a good Pokémon, or complete my Pokédex.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    So tell me this, do you concider cloned pokemon via emerald "hacked". And also if you use a cheat to activate a event only legendary wouldn't the actual data for that pokemon be untouched?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Well, that's up to the individual. IMO, "hacked" Pokemon are the kind you change appearance rates in the wild for, like someone hacking an Arceus to appear in a random grass field, and it'd be like, level 3. That's a blatantly hacked Pokemon.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I'd rather have a Pokemon I caught at level 2 than one I hacked my game and it was in my party at level 100. It's just not natural. It's cheating.

Back