• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do so many like Pokémon

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • why are there so many PokéNerds PokéFreaks PokéManiacs out there... people just LOVE Pokémon... no other anime seems to come close to the amount of fandom Pokémon has.... why is that so?

Years
  • I have no idea why the anime is so popular, as it seems to just be a tool to sell more copies of the games. I CAN, however, offer why so many love the games. It's because of the deep, versatile system that runs underneath everything. 19 types... 361 type combinations... battles of strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention the draw of having a measurable goal for collection. It's not just about capturing a monster and training it; it's about seeing and catching all of them... of experiencing everything the game has to offer.

Combine that with what is now worldwide online play, and you have created your own subculture.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • People love the Pokemon franchise for a variety of reasons:
    -the video games (whether it's the storyline or the competitive aspect or just trying to complete the National Dex) being fun to play with
    -the anime
    -other things like cosplay, trading cards and toys.

Years
  • People love the Pokemon franchise for a variety of reasons:
    -the video games (whether it's the storyline or the competitive aspect or just trying to complete the National Dex) being fun to play with
    -the anime
    -other things like cosplay, trading cards and toys.

He's right, that's what people love about Pokemon.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • Why won't we like them?
    Some of them are so damn cute and the pokemons games are so interesting!

I think this whole concept of pokemons is a cool concept. So many different elemental types, evolution, battling to win gym badges, trading, using items on them, etc, overall is different and there's lot to explore in the pokeworld. That's why people love it.

WildMimiga

Random and Oblivious
    Years
  • I think it's because how in-depth you can get in each game, and how much there is behind the whole development. It looks as if it's basic, but when you go in depth there are loads of stuff like complex maths and all that.

Plus it's also probably because of how enjoyable it is to play Pokemon and how some are just plain cute.

Back