• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why do the pokeballs shake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
    Sometimes when you enter a battle, the 5 pokeballs (or is it 6?) that are on the top-left corner of the touch screen start to wiggle, why do they? Do they indicate you that, that pokemon is the better matchup or what? Perhaps because of their jolly nature???

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    It indicates that they're trying to get out. The more they shake, the stronger the ball is (of course, you'd have to do it several times to get the average strength).

Edit: 'kay, my bad. I misread the question. |D Err... they would turn grey if the Pokemon inside was hit with status. But like shaking, I'm not too sure. No, it's not because of its Jolly nature. D:

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    It's just a little thing they put in when they were making the game. But the Pokemon doesn't matter and it has no effect on the game. It's just random which ever ones wiggle.

EDIT: Hmm... Level Up? I've never noticed that. That's a nice feature.

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    From my experience, the pokeballs that wiggle are pokemon that are very close to leveling up. exactly how close and how they determine what is "close", I don't know.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    If your're talking about the Pokeballs that shake when battling on the bottom screen, it means that your Pokemon is about to level up. Three bars from the right will indicate that your Pokemon will level up. It's a neat feature that's impressive in the games.

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
    It indicates that they're trying to get out. The more they shake, the stronger the ball is (of course, you'd have to do it several times to get the average strength).

Edit: 'kay, my bad. I misread the question. |D Err... they would turn grey if the Pokemon inside was hit with status. But like shaking, I'm not too sure. No, it's not because of its Jolly nature. D:

A lie. It shakes cuz that means they are very close to leveling up.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    If your're talking about the Pokeballs that shake when battling on the bottom screen, it means that your Pokemon is about to level up. Three bars from the right will indicate that your Pokemon will level up. It's a neat feature that's impressive in the games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    They prolly just put it in there for fun or just for kicks.

...?

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years

Wow, I never knew that, and I've had the game since it was released. xDD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I figured it out as soon as I noticed it for the first time playing. When there's only three bars left to go before leveling up, that's when the user's Pokeball shakes.

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei

Darkness...
    Years
    That is true, they indicate if they need the leveling up... But, the problem is that they will only shake at a "Pinch," like the red HP bar for example... usually for me, they ALSO do tell me when a match-up is great, but if the Pokemon is weak, be careful, you don't know what'll happen next...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    like the red HP bar for example... usually for me, they ALSO do tell me when a match-up is great, but if the Pokemon is weak, be careful, you don't know what'll happen next...

Wait, I don't understand what you mean here. Can you provide an example?

C_Faz

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    The Pokeballs wiggle to indicate that it's close to leveling up. dunno why they put in such a thing but I guess it's handy when you want to know who needs those few extra exp to level up...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It might be cool, yes, but this thread is over three years old, when the no-bumping rule applies to month-old-threads only. Please check the date of the last post before posting in future.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back