• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Why do we have to be quiet during a fire drill? Will the fire hear us?"

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I usually don't leave the school. I will just wander the halls, and then when I see people coming back inside; I go back to class. In my highschool the teaches don't do head counts out side. Once outside most kids scatter. So, it is quite easy for me to skip the drill. My dumb school usually picks the coldest days, so I hate going out side. One time tho, the doors all closed on there own and the alarm when off with flashing lights. I was like please don't let this be a real fire drill. it truned out it was just a show for the state representatives. So after ten minutes the doors unlocked them self, and I went to class acting like nothing happened.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Back in Elementary School they made quiet the whole time. Saying anything would get you in trouble.

But now in High School they don't really care after we leave the high school. Wonder why...

But I'm usually really quiet during fire drills anyway, unless I got some of my best friends around.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    When my school has a fire drill, we all go outside, (some people talk on the way). Then outside, more people talk, while the rest complain about the cold.(me)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I know it's the worst thing ever to do during a fire alarm, but I tango with my friend Kevin...how I ever survived life this far, I shall never know.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I remember these days back in Elementary School. I still wonder why we had to be quite. It's not like the fire has ears or anything.

-Okami

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I remember being told it was so the teachers and such can concentrate while they do a head count of the students (our district required a head count during a fire drill), and to avoid confusion.

Of course, fire drills in college dorms are another matter altogether, with people coming out of every single exit and people strolling out 15 minutes later, hair dripping wet and wrapped in a towel and barefoot...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Around November, my school had actual fires. Some stupid arsonist thought it was funny. Hilarious how no one would shut up. But in the fire drills they'll get you so bad if you utter a single word. xD

I guess they make you say it so that you'll be able t her directions or whatever. Not like it really matter. You basically just have to make it out of the building alive without being roasted. : P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Wait, we had to be quiet?
    I never heard that from my teachers, but that was probably cause I was socializing :/

I do find it stupid that they expect people to walk calmly in case of a real fire; I don't see that happening with anyone.

Back