• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do we ROM-hack?

Do you love hacking? Please be honest......

• Yeah, I sure do!

Votes: 598 91.7%
  • Nah... Not interested...

Votes: 39 6.0%
  • I Just Wanna Play Hacks

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
Years
  • maybe its a hobby for us to hack a game... this level of hackin is not as high as breaching the pentagon.... but for me hacking is cool because me and my classmates make pokemon hacks but it ended up to nothing because no one knows how to script......

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    I hack for fun, but I also hack for the art of it.

Even if I'm new at it, I love making my own maps and stories using my own spin on the Pokemon aesthetic and making them pleasing to the eyes and mind.
    I approach it as art.

Also, it's fun messing with things.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Basically, I like ROM Hacking, I started my own Pokemon Hack on friday and I thought it was addictive and fun and to be honest, I like creating my own things hence the Pokemon Hack. My pokemon hack is called Pokemon Ice Blast and since Friday, I am currently making Viridian city. Besides my Pokemon hack, I do think it is fun and if I can do it, I think anyone can.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    i want to hack pokemon but I DONT KNOW!!!!
    Can someone teach me pls

This is not the thread for that.

See that link that says "Documents and Tutorials" above all those threads?

Click it.

mechu95

Hack Guy
    Years
  • I hack because I love everything to do with computers (call me a computer nerd if you want), I love Pokemon, and I wanna make something of my own.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I think we hack because we:

-get a lot of idead on how to tell a story on the pokemon universe
    -we want a better version of the game we have
    -or do this as a hobby

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • I believe it is because true fans want to show that they can make good games too. It also lets us show some creativity once in a while.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
  • .It is a way to express themselves, in part because the texts of ROM, another for graphics Moreover, the ease of modification to create an entirely new story.
    Is my form of think.

Maxie_da_man

Pokemon Hacker, Musician
    Years
  • - We love POKEMON
    - Game graphics
    - Get ideas
    - Create your own sprites, backgrounds, etc.
    - We do it for fun
    - Make yur own story
    - scrpits
    - It rocks!!!! lol

Years
  • i repesct the guys who put time into hacking. its really fun to play hacked games, it like a whole new pokemon game, xcept u dont have to wait every 5 years for nintendo to make one.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • Why do we hack? You mean me. Right? I ROM-hack because it was fun to do it. Except I am not a Pokemon Hacker yet.

BUT

I do hack Super Mario All-stars, Super Mario Bros. 2 Japanese, Megaman (Currently), Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario Bros. 3 and a few translation projects. About soon, I will hack Pokemon FIRE RED and do a Pokemon spoof hack called Hana Yori Dango another love story Pokemon style. I gave up on my SMW Project called Pikachu's adventure because I'm not ready yet.

HOWEVER

I rather keep away ROM-Hacking from ALL guests and including other relative family on sight who comes in my room and invade my privacy. That's not a good sign for me. Or else I get pissed off they found out.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
  • I like hacking but I have better things to do.
    I would rather learn c++ or php rather than hack because it could give me some cash in the future, but then again hacking is fun

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • I hack because its fun! It's creative and can express ideas. Like just today i used cheesepeow's rombase and made pallet town to a beach resort! Its FUN!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back