• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you never see your Dad in the Pokemon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    One of the ideas floating around is that a huge war occurred a few years before the beginning of the Pokemon timeline, so a lot of the player character's fathers were shipped off to war and were killed.

Another idea I occasionally throw out there more as a joke than anything else is that the player character doesn't have a mortal father; that they are the result of some immaculate conception between a deity and the player character's mom.

I'm sure that there's other ideas as well, and people will post them.

I have to wonder though why Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are so far the only games where you do actually have a father (though he is almost never at home, dude just sits in the Gym all day, e'ry day).

There is another Pokemon game where you have a father, The game is called Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, In Pokemon Ranger you have a father and a little sister, unlike in every other game (But Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), you don't even have a father or sibling. Yes I know that in Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver you have siblings known as The Week Siblings, also known as the Day-of-the-week Siblings but I sadly have not played any of them because I have not been able to find them at all. (Unlike how I have not played Pokemon Gold, Silver, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, I have played Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia but have not gotten far in it, hopefully I can find it somewhere so I can replay it and hopefully play it all the way through)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back