• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Why do you think Black and White has recieved so many bad remarks?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    That's because gen I-IV are better creations.

So the best Pokemon are the ones that are simple in design? Then how can you say Gen 3 or 4 is any better than Gen 5? Gen 4 introduced the Sinnoh Creation trio and the Alpha Pokemon. Those were far from simple. Do those suck too because they aren't generic Pokemon?

How is the fire breathing dragon Charizard more of a Pokemon than ANYTHING in Gen 5? Yes, it is a cool Pokemon, but...it's just a fire breathing dragon.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • They put too much creations in Gen 5, I'm not trying to say they aren't Pokemon they just eh, don't seem like Pokemon anymore. Maybe it's cuz I grew up with the 1st gen, idk. The gen 5 Pokemon look like digimon more than Pokemon.

Years
  • There's effectively no postgame,

It had more of a Postgame than R/S, yet, for whatever reason, I never see any one complaining about their postgame. The only thing there was to do is the Battle Tower. B/W where about even with D/P.

many of the new designs were lackluster,

*sigh* Voltorb, Ditto, Magnemite, Grimer, Jynx, Seel, etc.

there were yet again too many legendaries,

Less than D/P, so it was an improvement, but yet again you ignore the previous releases and you only complain about the most current.

the region was boring,

I love how supported this statement is.

the Pokemon themselves were overly detailed with tons of spikes, armor, and markings,

Obviously Lillipup is covered in Spikes.

there was no good battle facility (I.E. Battle Tower, Battle Frontier),

The game doesn't have the Battle Frontier because it is the first set of games, just as R/S and D/P didn't have one. Yet again, you seem to ignore that previous releases did the same thing.

Also, the game had the Battle Subway, which is the same thing as the Battle Tower.

no Safari Zone,

Oh no, we can't chunk balls at Pokemon in a Safari-like atmosphere. Whatever will we do.

no good rivals,

I don't even get this one. What exactly constitutes as a "good rival"?

the starters were boring,

See above.

and the game was too bloody easy.

Well of couse your going to find a GAME MADE FOR EIGHT-YEAR OLDS too easy.

Even the Online Random Matchup mode isn't any good because everyone uses a hacked team of max-stat WonderTombs and the like.

I'm sure if precious, oh-so perfect HG/SS had Random Matchup, it would be the same situation.

And I'm not saying this because of nostalgia. I started out with Sapphire Version, and I still don't like Black and White too much.

You keep telling yourself that.

Especially after HeartGold and SoulSilver.

And cue the HG/SS fanboyism.

With HG/SS, Game Freak set a new standard for Pokemon games.

They set a new standard with remakes...... right.

You had conveniences like the running shoes toggle,

Good, you know how hard holding a button is.

series mainstays like the Safari zone,

Oh yeah, if I wait 100 days I can throw balls at a Bagon. How fun.

fun options such as the Pokemon-following-you feature,

I hated that feature. It added nothing to the game and served no purpose.

great challenges such as Red,

Red had a team with terrible move sets. All he has is levels. You can beat him with a team of level 60s, which is extremely underleveled compared to Red.

and a great roster of Pokemon.

Again, Voltorb, Grimer, Dunsparce, Seel, etc.

I'm sure you'll never respond to this, but if you do it'll be something like, "Hurr huur B/W has Ice Cream Pokemanz!!!!"

Meowthison

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    I've despised Gen V all up to maybe about a week ago. xD
    I thought the Pokemon were incredibly stupid. (Trubbish, the ice cream cone, Timburr..)
    But now I realize there are some good ones like Snivy and Galvantula, imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I know they're all Pokemon I never said they weren't quit jumping to conclusion! I still play the game so STFU about then not looking like Pokemon cuz they don't.

Guys keep in mind that posts like this aren't really warranted and you should all debate/discuss with each other respectfully. Just remember not to be rude when you're debating and you'll be fine. I'd also like to remind you guys that this thread is about why others dislike them, not your own personal bias for or against. For example, gen IV being better creations as a reason is your own personal opinion and doesn't really cut it as debating why the games got bad remarks from others. Oh and one last thing, I know this is really active and all but there is a thread for whether the designs look like Pokemon or not right here, so try not to go too much into that and bring it back to your original points otherwise we'll have an issue. Thanks :)

Just keep in mind this isn't for your own personal opinion, rather it's for why you think others dislike them.

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
    Years
  • I bought Black and White when they came out, and I will admit, at first I didn't like majority of the designs. I think at they just looked 'strange' to me because I wasn't used to seeing them pop up in the wild. XD

But they have grown on me and I can't wait to play Black and White 2. :D

Though I've seen hate from people who haven't actually even played BW.
    Like, they have already decided they don't like it when they haven't gave it a chance.
    That annoys me, lol. :)

Black and White 2 = <3 :P

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Honestly other that here in general I have not seen any real "Bad" reviews of the games. Majority of the complaints I've ever found were here, and maybe 1 or two elsewhere but other than that, its been nothing but praise or indifference.

For me there is nothing wrong with the games. I don't get why so many gripe about them. I've been with the series since the US got them, so I've been with it almost since its birth. I love the route that things are going with the games.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Honestly other that here in general I have not seen any real "Bad" reviews of the games. Majority of the complaints I've ever found were here, and maybe 1 or two elsewhere but other than that, its been nothing but praise or indifference.

For me there is nothing wrong with the games. I don't get why so many gripe about them. I've been with the series since the US got them, so I've been with it almost since its birth. I love the route that things are going with the games.
    That's strange, as it's the opposite from what I have seen. This is the only place where I have actually seen praise for the game, whereas in real life and several places I've seen nothing but negative opinions for the most part.

ESPECIALLY real life. None of my friends, some who are past huge Pokemon fans, liked the game, even after playing it. They beat it, but generally their responses were very underwhelming, with "I beat it..I guess. meh" or "I didn't like it, huge disappointment." I even know people who never played Pokemon tried it and their response were "what the hell. people actually like THIS?". Of course I could ask them what they don't like about it, but I let it go, since they don't really care enough anymore.

I've seen some praises for the game online, but overall it was mostly negative criticism. (By the way, they're not Pokemon sites or forums.) What I've seen:
    -Horrible Pokemon (probably the nostalgic people)
    -Horrible region
    -Bad, niche story.
    -The worst evil team, and N is stupid.
    -Post-game is awful.
    -Doesn't feel like a Pokemon game when beating it. (You don't really fight the champion on
    -Easiest in the series*
    -Boring and just not memorable.
    -Bad design decision.

Basically all the problems I've mentioned on my previous post and the tiring statements towards the newer Pokemon.

*This is actually true. This is the only Pokemon game where I haven't used any items in battle except against Ghetsis, and it was also the fastest I beat.
    Generally, Pokemon games are hard towards kids. My younger cousins, who are big time Pokemon fans, generally have problems in these games and refer to me for help. This is the only game where they didn't need me at all and beat it in TWO DAYS. (usually takes them months)

This game isn't exactly well liked by a lot of competitive players either. This generation is considered the worst by many.

I bet if B/W had Looker though everyone would love B/W. It worked with Platinum!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I bet if B/W had Looker though everyone would love B/W. It worked with Platinum!
    Uh...B/W DOES have Looker. He appears after you beat the E4, when you end up with the National Dex. Afterwards, when speaking to the sages in their scattered spots post-Ghetsis, he shows up to arrest them.

Unless you mean his involvement in the maingame. I think he's fine where he is.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    LOL Boring and not Memorable yet they complain that much about it? I can guarantee that they'll remember Unova if they hate it that much.

As for Post Game. Red/Blue had less Post game than B/W does. All you get is 1 extra cave and Mewtwo.

G/S/C has the biggest Post game allowing you to go back and battle Kanto Gym Leaders and Red (which honestly doesn't have a story so its still fairly short)

R/S No Post game at all except Battle Tower and Contests.

D/P Battle Island place with three new Exploration areas and Battle Tower.

B/W 3 new Cities, Battle subway, Giant Chasm, and Place where Landurus is..Oh and Abyssal Ruins.

B/W has more after game stuff than the previous Main series titles before their Thirds came out. So compared to those B/W has the most After Game events.

Team Plasma is like way better than Aqua/Magma. Not as grand as Galactic and not as mean as Rocket, but Plasma is far from the worse Evil Team. Now if you are like me and don't even Qualify Aqua/Magma as evil, then ya I can see it being true.

You have to beat the story before you get to fight the Champion. That's how it has been in ALL Pokemon games. You beat the story AFTER the E4 is the only difference with B/W cause normally you beat the story before the 8th Badge. Story ends when you beat the Bad Guy Team.

Not liked by Competitive players, and yet the competitive play was changed drastically by B/W. Its way harder to battle competitively than it was in the past and a good number of B/W Pokemon appear way more often.

As for easiest, I disagree on a personal level cause this is the first Pokemon game that I did not beat within a 30 hour mark. I don't usually count Grinding which takes 2-3 hours on all the previous games, while B/W it takes me 1 to 2 hours of straight grinding to get to levels I like.

I've never struggled as much against an entire region of Gyms as I did on this game and I've never lost to the E4 before B/W I had to change my team 4 times before I got the appropriate team balance for them. All in all this was the hardest Pokemon Game I've ever played.

Honestly the ones complaining are prolly just butthurt that they had trouble with the game and don't want to admit it. Kinda like that friend that everyone has that says stories he wants others to hear about how he broke up with his girlfriend cause she was too clingly/needy/whiny. Always bragging about how many girls he beds and stuff like that. Someone that just plays it up for attention.

Locally for me no one even touches the Gen 4 games anymore. We are all just focuses on Gen 5. Only complaint my friends have about Gen 5 was lack of Move tutor options.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Someone else mentioned the fact that you do not become Champion until the Champion is actually beaten (i.e., Alder). Therefore, with this being the first game in the series where you do not actually battle the true Champion the first time through (N does, then you beat N, but you have yet to fight Alder), the events from Routes 11-15 cannot be considered "post-game" as you still have to prepare to fight the true Champion. Once you fight the Champion and defeat him, THEN starts the post-game...and sadly, there isn't really anything to do at that time.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's not true. Story ends with N and after that you get Credits so yes, refighting the E4 and Champion are the Post Game events. Once you get the Credit roll, anything you do after that is Post Game.

(Though technically you never become Champion even after beating the old Champion cause every time you fight him, Alder is still the Champion. Same with Lance, Blue, Wallace, Steven, and Cynthia.)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    (Though technically you never become Champion even after beating the old Champion cause every time you fight him, Alder is still the Champion. Same with Lance, Blue, Wallace, Steven, and Cynthia.)
    That's typical with all sorts of games like that. See Pokémon XD for another Pokémon example: when you return to the room where you battled Greevil, he has six completely different non-Shadow Pokémon and acts like you lost the previous battle to him even though you already succeeded in purifying all six of his Shadow Pokémon, and may very well be fighting him using those Pokémon. If the game recognized the final possible feat in the game being done, then there would be no reason to replay the game and do it again.

Speaking of final events...while games like Black/White - typical standard ones - have a Hall of Fame, are you able to view your previous stats or does it only appear the once, you save the game, and you never see it again? If not, it goes with having to treat the final stage as unbeaten even if you've already beaten it.

Cyclone

(NOTE: let's not delve into a discussion about XD here; I use it merely as a point of reference here.)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Strictly opinion only, with no evidence either. Compared to older Pokemon designs, these were very thought out.
    Why do you think Black and White has recieved so many bad remarks?

Wow, how so very thought out. You know, there was a time when Pokemon were creatures and plants (with the occasional robot or monster), not just random objects that had superpowers. A flying wooden Jack-O-Lantern? A lolita girl? Ice Cream? A snowflake? A trash bag? Those aren't things that make me think of Pokemon.

Which contradicts your earlier statement about them being lackluster, which usually translates into "They don't look like Pokemon". But Pokemon like Voltorb or Muk or any Gen 1 Pokemon was just extremely creative compared to Pokemon like the Tao Dragons, right?

You mean Reshirammon and Zekrommon? Or Kyuremmon? DI DI DI DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

Voltorb, Magnemite, Koffing and Grimer were in the First Generation to emphasize the human presence in the world of Pokemon. Voltorb and Magnemite were built by humans, and Koffing and Grimer spawned from pollution.

And about the Tao Dragons, let's take a walk through the history of Legendary Pokemon.

1st gen: We had a trio that included a Pokemon based off of the American-Indian Thunderbird, a Pokemon inspired by the legendary Phoenix, and one akin to the Roc. We also got 2 cats, with one being the creator of all Pokemon, and the other being an extremely badass, scientifically enhanced clone of the first.

2nd gen: We got a trio of beasts, which included a Sabretooth tiger, a lion, and a wolf. We were also treated to two immense flying creatures, which consisted of another, more powerful phoenix and a sea-dwelling dragon. We also got an elusive forest guardian that embodied all nature.

3rd gen: This is where Game Freak began to push the number of Legendaries. We got mineral-based golems, weather-based creatures (a dragon, a whale, and a tyrannosaur), a genetically-altered alien, a steel genie thing that is completely pointless, and two forgettable psychic dragons.

4th gen: This was probably the worst. We got a few overly detailed, Digimon-esque dragons embodying Time, Space, and... I guess whatever Giratina embodies. We also got 3 stupid-ass pixies, a pointless 4th Golem, a robotic volcano monster, a sea pixie, a flower hedgehog, these two nondescript ghost-monster-robots embodying dreams and nightmares, and let's not forget the all-powerful, almighty goat.

5th gen: We get 3 robot dragons that I guess were supposed to embody the Tao, 3 nondescript horse-dog-cat-monsters that represented the 3 musketeers (A great concept, but ruined by the fact that the Pokemon themselves were just monsters), 3 genie-kami things that serve no purpose, a pony thing that was probably designed by 12-year-old Bronies, a singer Pokemon, and a robotic-monster-gun-mantis thing.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    3 genie-kami things that serve no purpose
    Practical purpose in battle, maybe not, but it was a random addition to the storyline at the end. I wish they did more with it, myself, but it was the generational wanderer and isn't even in B2/W2 from what I understand (unless that was updated recently). I guess they realized how stupid it was and left it for trading, or they'll Mystery Gift it. Who knows?

a pony thing that was probably designed by 12-year-old Brownies, a singer Pokemon, and a robotic-monster-gun-mantis thing.
    Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect; I for one am actually looking FORWARD to these, as they may very well be the first gift Pokémon for B2/W2. Keldeo I am definitely interested in; Sacred Sword seems like an excellent Fighting move, and if the gift one doesn't include it, all you need are the three Musketeers in B2/W2 and whammo, he can learn the move. Genesect appears to me to be a confusing waste of time shuffling plates, and Meloetta I'll reserve judgment on for now.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When did Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem become Robots? This is news to me.

Also Sigilyph is based off the Nazca Hummingbird.

Gothorita is akin to both Mr. Mime and Jynx.

Trubbish and Garbador's existance is exactly the same as Grimer's. They were created through Human pollution.

Vanillite, while its like has the looks of Ice Cream, they are solid chunks of living Ice. As for Food based Pokemon, Cherim is a living Cherry.

You can't even call any of the Pokemon from the newer Generations Digimon. If you can, then there were Digimon in Generation 1 as well. Golem is very Digimon-Esque by the same deffinition. Gyarados looks like its covered in Plate Armor with the Segments it has. The designs of Pokemon have been controversial since Gen 1 when compared to Digimon. If you are a true fan you don't care cause if its made by GameFreak its a Pokemon. You can't even argue against that. Made by the company that made the game for the game, it belongs in the game.

Digimon aren't just complex, but no one seems to care about that little bit of info cause the only thing they want to do is complain about the ones that do get complex and metallic.

No, none of the new Pokemon look any more Digimon-esque than any Pokemon in any generation before.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • It had more of a Postgame than R/S, yet, for whatever reason, I never see any one complaining about their postgame. The only thing there was to do is the Battle Tower. B/W where about even with D/P.
    Speak English and I might understand you better. But, from what I can pick out from this grammatical disaster, you seem to not understand that RS actually does get complained about regarding it's lack of postgame. It doesn't get complained about that much, though, because Gen. III also has Emerald with the Frontier and FRLG with the Sevii Islands. And you can't argue that B/W's piddly postgame was better than the colossal G/S/C/HG/SS postgames.
    *sigh* Voltorb, Ditto, Magnemite, Grimer, Jynx, Seel, etc.
    Wait, Seel? What? What's wrong with Seel?
    And Voltorb, Magnemite, and Grimer had good reasons to look man-made. They were man-made. Plus, Voltorb's Pokeball-like appearance is similar to the appearance of a Mimic, a common RPG monster that looks like a treasure chest. Ditto transformed, and while Jynx was odd, it was in fact a novelty Pokemon even at the time.
    Less than D/P, so it was an improvement, but yet again you ignore the previous releases and you only complain about the most current.
    Actually, I hate D/P/Pt more than B/W. And plus, both games have 13 Legendaries, and I'm not even going into the insanely unnecessary amount of pointless Forms.
    I love how supported this statement is.
    The region is full of gimmicky and forgettable locales such as Chargestone Cave, the ungodly number of bridges, and Pinwheel Forest, to name a few.
    Obviously Lillipup is covered in Spikes.
    I didn't say Lillipup has spikes. Druddigon, Haxorus, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Scolipede, Bisharp, and a few others do. Those spikes serve no purpose, besides to "look cool".
    The game doesn't have the Battle Frontier because it is the first set of games, just as R/S and D/P didn't have one. Yet again, you seem to ignore that previous releases did the same thing.
    Also, the game had the Battle Subway, which is the same thing as the Battle Tower.
    Whatever, I was wrong, sue me.
    Oh no, we can't chunk balls at Pokemon in a Safari-like atmosphere. Whatever will we do.
    The Safari Zone, like it or not, was a series mainstay and allowed for the capture of some of the most interesting Pokemon in the series (Scyther, Kangaskhan, Heracross, etc.). I liked it, and many other people did.
    I don't even get this one. What exactly constitutes as a "good rival"?
    Oh, you liked the fact that the rivals were your best friends? I'm sorry, but many people, myself included, liked the more aggressive rivals such as Blue and Silver.
    See above.
    Oh, you're one of the people who actually likes the stupid Fire/Fighting starters? Plus, the other starters, or at least one of them, should have gotten a secondary type.
    Well of couse your going to find a GAME MADE FOR EIGHT-YEAR OLDS too easy.
    It's a game made for everyone to play. Not just little kids. And if you've ever played any of the Kanto games, not that I'd expect you to, you'd know that taking on the Kanto E4 and especially Champion Blue is a difficult task.
    I'm sure if precious, oh-so perfect HG/SS had Random Matchup, it would be the same situation.
    Ah, now you've just gone from being passive-aggressive to aggressive-aggressive. What you may not understand is that HGSS didn't need random matchup. They already had rematches, Red, a number of wild Pokemon, an expansive region, and good features. And yes, if they had Random Matchup, I would still abstain from using it. I've never really used the Global Trade Station in any of the games (Yes, even in "precious" HG/SS), so I really don't care that HGSS doesn't have a random matchup system.
    You keep telling yourself that.
    I started with the Hoenn games, yet the Johto games are my favorite. Plus, while I like Hoenn, I acknowledge that they have a number of flaws. Wow, with every reply you're looking more and more like an angry little kid.
    And cue the HG/SS fanboyism.
    Wow, it's so horrible that HG/SS were my favorite games. That definitely deserves to be insulted.
    And cue the B/W fanboyism.
    They set a new standard with remakes...... right.
    They took everything that D/P/Pt did right, kept it, added new features and a truly interesting region, and all in all, set a precedent for the series. They were the series' best games at the time, and I really don't think that B/W lived up to them.
    Good, you know how hard holding a button is.
    To you, convenience is the enemy! Eliminate the awful conveniences!
    Oh yeah, if I wait 100 days I can throw balls at a Bagon. How fun.
    I get it. You hate the Safari Zone. You don't need to keep saying it.
    I hated that feature. It added nothing to the game and served no purpose.
    Oh no! How dare Game Freak make a new feature that fans love! How DARE they!
    Red had a team with terrible move sets. All he has is levels. You can beat him with a team of level 60s, which is extremely underleveled compared to Red.
    It's not exactly, you know, easy to get a team in the 60s. You need to work hard at it. But, judging by your extreme hatred, I'd expect that you're too lazy to train. And if you are too lazy to work hard and train a good team, then Black and White are perfect for you.
    Again, Voltorb, Grimer, Dunsparce, Seel, etc.
    I'm sure you'll never respond to this, but if you do it'll be something like, "Hurr huur B/W has Ice Cream Pokemanz!!!!"
    You're sure, huh? Well, I just did respond to it. Don't be hatin' on Dunsparce, I don't see what's so awful about it. Heck, it was even based off of something, that being a Japanese legend.
    And why do you keep bringing up Seel? I know you Unova-obsessed newbies are all "HURR DURR KAYNTO AND JOTTO SUKS BEKAZ MANGMITE AND GRIMER AND YEAH!!!!1111", but Seel? What's wrong with Seel? It has a simple design, it's slightly cute, and it was an interesting Water-type option for a Gen. 1 team.

If you are a true fan you don't care cause if its made by GameFreak its a Pokemon.

Umm, so this is a Pokemon? I mean, by your knowledge, Drill Dozer was made by Game Freak, so the main character must be a Pokemon, right?

And plus, I'm sorry, but if Game Freak made a super-complicated, super-armored giant half tiger, half dragon demon, that looked nothing like a Pokemon, and called it a Pokemon, then it wouldn't look like a Pokemon. I'm sorry, but contrary to you Unova fans' beliefs, Pokemon does have a certain style to it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Umm, so this is a Pokemon? I mean, by your knowledge, Drill Dozer was made by Game Freak, so the main character must be a Pokemon, right?

And plus, I'm sorry, but if Game Freak made a super-complicated, super-armored giant half tiger, half dragon demon, that looked nothing like a Pokemon, and called it a Pokemon, then it wouldn't look like a Pokemon. I'm sorry, but contrary to you Unova fans' beliefs, Pokemon does have a certain style to it.

Was Drill Dozer made for a Pokemon Game? No. Did you read what I said? Apparently not. If GameFreak made it FOR THE GAME, then its for the game. I.E. If Game Freak designed a Pokemon, for the Pokemon Games, then its a Pokemon and looks like a Pokemon. No argument can overrule that.

Yes if GameFreak made a super-complicated, super-armored giant half tiger, half dragon demon, FOR THE POKEMON GAMES, it WOULD be a Pokemon.

No, Pokemon doesn't have one specific design. It goes from Cute and cuddly to grotesque just as Digimon does, Digimon even goes further and into more detail. All 649 Pokemon would fit into the Digimon world because Digimon's art style is more broad than that of Pokemon's. So really, All Pokemon look like Digimon cause they all could fit in the Digimon world despite the fact that the two are completely separate entities, have stressed to fans that neither side is using concepts from the other, and are in no way are the two supposed to be related/compared because of core structural differences.

as for this:
    "HURR DURR KAYNTO AND JOTTO SUKS BEKAZ MANGMITE AND GRIMER AND YEAH!!!!1111"

Do you even know why that keeps being brought up? because of Blind ignorant nostalgia haters keep saying how stupid Trubbish and Klink are when THEY ARE BASED OFF THE SAME DAMNED THING GRIMER AND MAGNEMITE ARE. OH MY?! Its not that they suck. People simply need to learn their history before acting like a couple of 5 year olds in a daycare fighting over blocks. Magnemite and Grimer keep coming up to shove facts into the face of general haters and trolls who can't even do their homework on Pokemon.

It's a game made for everyone to play. Not just little kids. And if you've ever played any of the Kanto games, not that I'd expect you to, you'd know that taking on the Kanto E4 and especially Champion Blue is a difficult task.

No it really wasn't. Yes Pokemon is made for younger audience. That is the target consumer. We are playing a Children's game. They do not target the older crowd for the In game events. The older crowd is drawn to the Metagame.

And yes Blue and Lance, the E4 in general for Kanto was easy. I beat them without too much trouble, and my brother beat the game faster than I did. He was 6 when he started playing. He beat his game in about 20ish hours and was underleveled by about 5 levels when he beat Blue. I beat mine in about 23ish hours and was evenly leveled with Blue.

Then and Now, there are Pokemon with horrible designs, don't fit with an expected Pokemon theme with "All" fans (cause yes I will acknowledge that not everyone views things the same way which is apparent in this thread).

And just to make something clear, my Favorite Pokemon Game is Yellow and Kanto is my favorite region. I think highly of Unova because for me its a Second Kanto even down to the design of the Pokemon, especially the ones everyone seems to hate which was roughly the same generic reception that Magnemite/Grimer got when they were released. The argument sadly blew up with the introduction of Digimon and the fact that we DO have 4 other Generations to compare all the Pokemon with.

Ironically two of my favorite Pokemon are from Kanto and Unova XD

Pokemon's Art is evolving over time, they even add to the older Pokemon, what with Gender Differences and all that. Who is to say that in 1 or 2 Generations they may sneak in new designs to older Pokemon without us knowing simply to have the older ones match the change they made to the newer ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Because people don't take off the nostalgia goggles. But that's all I'm going to say, as I don't want to be a part of this convoluted conversation.

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
    Years
  • I have yet to hear a person who blatantly hates the games as a whole to give a valid reason for hating the games. Most of those people refuse to take off their nostalgia goggles. Thus, they see Pokemon like Vanillite and Trubbish and completely reject the games as a whole. So, nostalgia, plain and simple. Also, those people who refuse to take off the nostalgia glasses make me very angry.

Back