• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you think that James didnt bring his Growlithe with him?

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    I was going through some episode guides and i remembered about James's Growlithe.
    I dont know why he didnt want to bring it with him

TheJAG

Kasumi Fanboy!
    Years
    He wanted growlithe to watch over his parents while he was gone.
    Stupid of him though, since Team Rocket might have had a chans of catching Pikachu whit a strong Pokémon like Growlithe.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    Same reason Meowth did not want Skitty to come with Team Rocket. Do you think he would want his Growlithe to be blasted in the air so many times by the same Pikachu?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    It's a pity to have Growlithe fight for evil purposes.. moreover, if Growlithe is on Team Rocket's side, it'll be easy to catch Pikachu, and the editors probably have to think of creative ways to beat Team Rocket for ALL the episodes Team Rocket appeared in..

if TR possessed weaker pokemon (like now), the editors don't need to think of better ways for Ash to defeat TR except to have Pikachu blast TR off with some electric attacks.. I think editors just didnt' want to stress their minds out o.o

well, that's just my opinion though, not necessarily true

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2006
    He did't bring his Growlithe so Growlithe could protect James parents, James left Growlithe so it could blast of and blast of again he thinks first he knew that if Growlithe come it would get wiped by Ash and Co.

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    I've got an answer: because James is an idiot. Sure Growlithe would have got blown away with the rest of the team, but give that pup a fire stone and Team Rocket might have actually had a chance for once.

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Yes it did, and it was a dumb reason. Surely his parents are that rich they could have bough or caught their own Pokemon to protect them. Just my 2 cents.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Have you heard the phrase money can't buy everything thats why there's mastercard? well even mastercard can't buy pokemon!

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Have you heard the phrase money can't buy everything thats why there's mastercard? well even mastercard can't buy pokemon!
    Well you can buy Pokemon from game corners in exchange for coins, and you can buy Pokeballs to catch Pokemon, and considering how much money James's parents have...

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    well thats in the video game but in the pokemon show you can't buy pokemon
    And you know how? They never actually showed anyone go into a game corner and get coins, did they? For all we know, there might be places in the anime where you can buy Pokemon in exchange for coins. Also, the safari supplies free pokeballs to catch Pokemon in the safari zone aslong as you pay the price for getting in.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Aughhh you make me so frustrated the main point of this is james did not want to take his growlithe because he wanted it to look over his parents

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Sorry. I didn't mean to get you mad or anything, but anime really is annoying at times.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    actually, I feel that James really loved all his Pokemon.. perhaps even as much as Ash does to his Pokemon.. He values his Pokemon and you hardly see him hitting or scolding his own Pokemon (only Jessie does xD)..

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    heh, I think James' pokemon love him more than he loves them, every single time he releases his Cacnea, it gives him a biiiiig hug! If that is a hug o.o

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    heh, I think James' pokemon love him more than he loves them, every single time he releases his Cacnea, it gives him a biiiiig hug! If that is a hug o.o

and his Victreebel used to basically swallow him:laugh:

Growlithe would have made a good edtion to the team.

Back