• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does compiling the game screw things up

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
  • Changing outfits doesn't work on a compiled game.

VS animations don't work either.

And the current version has a bug that prevents playing compiled games so you'll have to use a small amount of code from v12.

oh boy

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I don't have any experience with your particular situation. But I did have a problem once with compiling the game. In this case, the problem was caused by I difference in the code of the editor when compared to the code of the main game. First I played the game, then I used the editor, the editor compiles, and things mess up.

So basically, did you change the code of the main game? Did you change the code of the editor? If so, do the changes have an impact on the functionality of the other code? If so, did you change the other code too?

If this was not the case, I cannot help, but I do wish you good luck with your difficulty.

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
    Years
  • So basically, did you change the code of the main game? Did you change the code of the editor? If so, do the changes have an impact on the functionality of the other code? If so, did you change the other code too?

I don't remember changing any code. I've only added some but they definitely shouldn't affect VS animations or outfits. Well, I did replace a few lines of code in SpriteWindow that prevented me from playing the compiled game. Replacing it with the code from v12 worked really well. Maybe that's what causing the problem?

Back