• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everybody hate dragon Pokémon all of a sudden?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Well, search youtube, and you'll find a dragon team taking down a fairy team! Of course, the fairy team was outmatched. I thought it was a close battle though... :S

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Eh, the new introduction of the fairy type (like you stated) is probably why people are dissing the dragons. Let's face it, dragons dominated in Gen V and even in Gen IV. Haters are going to join the bandwagon and hate. while I love the new fairy type of pokemon, I still like the dragon type as well. Dragonite and Hydreigon still remain to be two of my favorite pokemon.

Yukari

it sounds really cool and is kinda funny that the cute fairy pokemon can destroy the likes of Salamance and Garchomp.

Keep in mind Dragon Types can still take down Fairy Pokemon because just about all Dragon type Pokemon Are so overpowered and have large move pools meaning that you need a really good strategy to win. Or Xerneas just use Xerneas.

kha111

Upcoming Video Game Master
    Years
  • Keep in mind Dragon Types can still take down Fairy Pokemon because just about all Dragon type Pokemon Are so overpowered and have large move pools meaning that you need a really good strategy to win. Or Xerneas just use Xerneas.

I agree, i stopped using uber pokemon after the 4th gen. I might pick up X next month, but reviews say its great, but after i beat a pokemon game, i just put it down because there is not enough game content. Fairy type pokemon sounds good to me. Now, we need to patch some holes in the Ghost type. There might be a Light type in Gen VII but thats a speculation.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I keep seeing all over the place, on here, Facebook, other websites etc... stuff about "fairy type dragon slayer" and sh** like that!!! it has been going on for a couple of months now and I am SICK of it!!! putting down a specific type of Pokémon just because a new type has been released!!! I love dragon Pokémon and (most dragon Pokémon I have Poképhilia for) but Dragons are still awesome but EVERYBODY HATES them now!!! why all the hate towards Dragon Type Pokémon???

I think you're exaggerating. I see no hate. Sounds like the whole "dragon slayer" thing is just a nifty catch phrase that highlights one of the main advantages of the fairy type.

Spoiler:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hrr, koff~

I think the Fairy type may be too specialized and quite backwards. First off, they took Steel's resistance to Dark. Okay, I can deal with that, but then their super effective against Fighting types. Are you kidding me? It should be the other way around! Fairies taking on Machamp? Please, the thing'd knock 'em around like flies. I think that having a strength against Steel would have made more sense than a strength against Fighting types. Then again, fighting does have a lot of strengths. It's just weird that they're weak to Steel. Huh, weird, koffi~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • From what I've understand, a lot of people disliked how OP Dragon types were since Gen IV due to the new physical/special split, allowing them to spam Outrage/Dragon Claw all day and equipped with a Fire move or EQ to take out Ice types and their only resistance at the time, Steel. Just like what they did with Psychic, they added a new type to balance them from being too dominant in the metagame, as well as Fighting, who were also dominant in the metagame due to their OP move strategies *coughconkeldurrcough* and Stealth Rock resistance.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • They've always hated Dragons, deeming them overpowered. I guess now it's a 'kick them while they're down' thing.

This exactly. It's a good thing they've been balanced out there hasn't been any actual change to their reception. The people hating them now were the ones who hated them before.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I don't see any hate against dragons. On the other side GF seems to hate ice type Pokemon really much. They have a ton of weaknesses, practically no resistances and their only reason for existing was to destroy dragons, but now that faires exist who are completely immune against dragons this reason is gone. Come one GF show ice types some love.

But yeah, no hate against dragons.

I agree. I mean, they have 4 advantages and 4 weaknesses. That seems even. Dark types have 2 advantages and 3 weaknesses. So compare those and see who's better off. You Ice haters are annoying and we get it. I really love Ice types. Psychic and Ghost too. Oh, and that's because Garchomp can be killed by a Jigglypuff with barely a fight.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I like Dragon type Pokémon very much and I always will.

Mabye some people hate them but I like them like I said before very much!
    And those who hate them. Well they shouldn't hate them because they're awesome like all other Pokémon!

Years
  • I like Dragons, but I suspect that someone at Game Freak seriously hates them - look at Goomy.

But strangely enough, typing-wise, it's nice to think that a Mega Charizard X could be beaten by a Marill. I don't know why that thought brings a smile to my face.

Back