• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does Geodude float

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    This is just a speculation thread, just to have fun.

Here are some theories on why geodude floats. Post some of your own, I'll add them to the this post and we'll make a poll out of it.

1.Geodude has no feet. It learned to float, by evolution, as it eventually got tired of being stepped and tripped on by kids. Geodude thought the best solution would be to undergo a genetic operation performed by an Alakazam to enable it to float. by Lone_Ranger_Arti.

2.The authors, wanted to make little kids around the world think they were tripping when seeing a floating rock. by Lone_Ranger_Arti.

3.Geodude's are also known to eat various minerals, which could give it enough magnetic field force to hover itself. Graveler's are just to heavy, but a weak magnetic forcefield is in them too. by Lone_Ranger_Arti.

4.Geodude seem to breed only near cannabis fields. by Lone_Ranger_Arti.

5. It doesn't. There's actually debris that is holding it up, except the camera is just too dull to capture it. by Gymnotide

Geodudes are actually inflated with helium! by Master Jecht.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    5. It doesn't. There's actually debris that is holding it up, except the camera is just too dull to capture it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why does Gyrados float?
    Why does Mesprit float?
    Why does Metang float?

They just float I guess.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    OP, were the drug references really necersarry?

Anyway, geodude doesnt float, it walks on it's arms:

Pokemon Silver said:
    It uses its arms to steadily climb steep mountain paths. It swings its fists around if angered
    Pokemon Emerald said:
    It climbs mountain paths using only the power of its arms.

Other explainations include that it's a kids show and that you're not supposed to notice.

Years
    OP, were the drug references really necersarry?

Anyway, geodude doesnt float, it walks on it's arms:

Other explainations include that it's a kids show and that you're not supposed to notice.

Didn't you notice that in the anime, it literally floats?

What makes it different from Mesprit floating, is that Geodude is a rock, and a rock/ground type, not a rock/psychic, or rock/flying.

And is it 'necersarry' that pokemon are treated as subject to scientific debate, instead of some fun discussion aswell?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Alakazam is Psychic but does not float so that is not valid. It is just random I uess.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Don't take the anime as fact- it's not canon to the games. And Gofre is right, it's supposed to walk with its arms.

That doesn't mean fun discussion isn't allowed, but please know what you're saying before making any assumptions, mmkay? ♥

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay new example, Jxnx, Mr. Mime, or Hypno can not float! ^.^ And Diviruchi, is that a revenge kill from the Light/Dark discussion? *.^

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Yeah, Alakazam can definitely float - like in the Pokemon Contest one time.

Okay new example, Jxnx, Mr. Mime, or Hypno can not float! ^.^ And Diviruchi, is that a revenge kill from the Light/Dark discussion? *.^

Well, they could use Psychic on themselves to float... They just don't.
    Any Pokemon with Psychic ability can do that.

^ I think Mr. Mime did it once in the anime.

Years
    PSychic pokemon, due to their psychic powers, have the ability to float, that doesn't mean al do. Just like, Humans, have the ability to swim, but not all humans can swim, for various reasons. And some other species, cannot swim at all. Rocks, by nature of default shouldn't be able to float, which is the case with every other rock pokemon. It's jusy something that is odd to some poiont. It is a childrens show, so it is understandable, that is why, I thought we could use this odd trait of this pokemon for fun discussion, without getting technical, as it is a childrens show.

The anime and the games, are supposed to be connected, as much as possible. In my opinion, the anime, is the closest we can get to imagining the what the real world of pokemon could be like. Geodude is supposed to walk with his arms, but doesn't, which proves my point that this is somewhat odd. Pokemon =/= science, that is why there isn't much to know about before talking to an extent.

It surprises me how some can get technical, on a thread that was made to be laughed at.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only reason I even brought it up is because someone brought up the difference between Mesprit and Geodudes typing but just because one is psychic does not give it a floating ability. Just as all ghost types cant float(Sableye). Who has seen a slowpoke floating about, or can even imagine it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Slowpoke is a bad example though, since it doesn't really use the Psychic powers it owns.

Anyway, since Geodude is a mineral, the best explanation is magnetism.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just went outside and played with my magnet and put it on some rocks and no reaction( no I really didnt)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I never said that magnets would make your rocks float.

There are metals in the ground and it could be possible that Geodude can emit a magnetic field that repels it from it. There's always ground underneath everything, so it's always a valid possibility. Perhaps the reason why we don't see it float more than a few feet above the ground and we don't see it floating over water or canyons is because it has a limit to its levitation ability.

It's just a thought, though.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Slowpoke is a bad example though, since it doesn't really use the Psychic powers it owns.

Anyway, since Geodude is a mineral, the best explanation is magnetism.

Exeggutor or Espeon. Two perfectly not completely lame pokemon.(whispers non floaters)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Oh, I just realized that this thread was "WHY" Geodude floats, not "HOW."
    It floats because... That's how it was designed... And it has no legs... And its arms are busy doin' something else.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    I remember a post on 4chan's /v/, where a person explained in crazy mathamatical detail on how fast Syther has to move to make an illusion of more then one Syther...

In conclusion, Geodude just does. Because that how Nintendo rollz.

Years
    I remember a post on 4chan's /v/, where a person explained in crazy mathamatical detail on how fast Syther has to move to make an illusion of more then one Syther...

In conclusion, Geodude just does. Because that how Nintendo rollz.

Of course, but that doesn't rpevent us from having fun while, making up interesting reasons on how geodude learned to float.

Oh, I just realized that this thread was "WHY" Geodude floats, not "HOW."
    It floats because... That's how it was designed... And it has no legs... And its arms are busy doin' something else.

Exactly why espeon and the likes don't float, and exactly why, seviper and the likes have to do how they do, and not float, because they don't have psychic powers.

I just went outside and played with my magnet and put it on some rocks and no reaction ( no I really didnt)

Pokemon =/= Science,Reality.

And you'd be surprised how strong electromagnetic powers are. Playing with a rock and magnets, isn't a valid argument. Magnetic forces, is what makes the Moon revolve around the Earth and not crash into it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back