• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does paper beat rock?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • I actually got the impression that Rock would trample paper. D: You know, like a paperweight? But if you think about it, it could be because something has to lose to paper...otherwise paper is just a poor loser, right? :<

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Its because if you throw paper at the teacher, you become popular.
    If you throw a rock at the teacher, you become expelled ;)

Hit the teacher with a book, then try to say that.

I also forgot to point out that, if the rock happens to be blue, then there is no hope of victory for the paper.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • because those idiots on the playground used to say "gun beats all!", so we gave them papercuts and gave rocks a weakness.

It's all about shifting the RPS metagame. Rock used to be Uber, now it's barely BL. XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • This thread is amazingly popular considering how...lame it is.

Obviously, paper is immune to all except; water, fire, scissors, knifes and other sharp objects. Rocks can be smashed, paper, cannot.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • That's illogical though. Who said the robot even has a laser, who said the dinosaur has teeth, who said the robot has batteries and...a teddy bear can't move.

I still go with the idea that the maker of this game was drunk when he created it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Because if you question the fact that paper can beat rock, your opponent can proceed to backhand you.

I know this from experience.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • That's illogical though. Who said the robot even has a laser, who said the dinosaur has teeth, who said the robot has batteries and...a teddy bear can't move.

I still go with the idea that the maker of this game was drunk when he created it.
    Because posts like this make paper better.
    Kishoku you loser.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I dunno why, but I always thought of paper, coming from trees and all, sucking the minerals out of rock or something. Or just the paper smothering covering the rock.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Because the paper finished Collages, and is trained in the art of war.

You may ask why scissors Win's paper, because scissors is extremely attractive and that's papers only weakness,

And rock beats scissors because rock has a six pack and scissors feel the need that they have to take care of the rock.

Back