• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Why does the pokeball have so many limitations?

Simon Science

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Why dose the pokeball have so many limitations?

At one point, during your pokemon journey, you may wonder why you cant reuse pokeballs multiple times. I think i may have found the awnser with this theory.

Silph.Co.(the company that makes pretty mutch evrything in pokemon) are intentionally making pokeballs disposable.

From a company standpoin, it makes scence:if you cant reuse pokeballs multiple times, then you will need to buy more pokeballs , and thus Silph.Co. will make more money.

We can explain more qwirks using this explenation: why cant you catch fainted pokemon? Well, have you ever realised that you could ko the pokemon your catching easier than weakening it? For you as trainer it takes more work to catch than ko a pokemon.this means its more likeley your pokemon will get hurt during battle, meaning you will buy more health items, meaning more money for Silph.Co. Even if you go to the pokemon center, its probably Silph.Co. responsible for the pokemon centers and that are getting money out of the funs of the (pokemon) goverment for the free health care they are providing.

The final hole in this theory is Kirk, the pokeball crafter. It is likeley he uses the same tactic as Silph.Co so that his buisness can survive competing with Silph.Co. Its even possible Silph.Co. Got there ideas from him on how exactly to make the pokeballs disposable, or even more likeley is Kirk being a Silph.Co. Employe and giving special pokeballs for the weird berry things (the pokeballs are acctually failed Silph.Co. Desings, explaining why his pokeballs are critised as being some of the least usefull), while the berries are passed to the Pokeathlon to make Smoothies at the Smoothie shop. I mean really now, do you expect Kirk making a high tech Peice of machinery that can capure lengendary beasts with BERRIES? i dont think so.

(ps: im new to these forums, but thanks for reading this theory! please notify me if i broke any rules)

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    I always (well- not always- never questioned it when I was a kid) figured that the initial catch required a tremendous amount of energy. That wild Pokémon don't really have the digital properties that allow them to be stored and whatnot- so the initial catch is basically the Pokéball scanning, writing, and converting the incredibly supernatural creature-thing into digital information; any failed catches are interrupted data writes, and it screws up the system, making them no good.

As to why they don't work on fainted 'Mons- there really isn't any other reason than gameplay- far as I can tell.

Unless the data transfer requires the 'Mon be concious- perhaps it only works when synchronised with certain levels of neuro-electrical activity.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I like the pokespe version, in pokespe old Kurt says that you need na specific way to hit a pokemon to catch it, and those industrial pokeballs made it easy as they just need to be hit. it is a great chapter you should read it early on in the g/s chapter of pokespe.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    ^ Agree.

For the most part what I thought when I was younger was....
    Disposable- They were broken when the Pokemon 'broke free', thus why you couldn't just pick it up and put it back in the bag. If that Wurmple don't want caught, it would break the ball rather than somehow push the button and 'release' the way a caught Pokemon is.

Silph Co.- I really like the theories about Silph Co. being greedy, because then it makes even MORE sense that Team Rocket attacked them. And after all, they ARE a buissness. But I just canmt see the same out of Devon.....

Kurt- I always bayleefed that Kurt was a kind old man who could pass on the knowledge of Apricorns to PokeBall making rather than sell his knowledge and training to Aperture Silph Co. I only alightly remember him in Special but I think he acted that way there....

Years
    I like to think that it works like it did in Origins, when a Pokemon breaks out, it literally breaks out. The ball cracks or just straight up explodes like when Mewtwo broke out, preventing reuse. Creating a Master Ball probably costs a lot of money too, money they wouldn't get back because if Trainers could afford them in the first place, they definitely wouldn't be buying 99 of them. Not to mention that selling Master Balls would be like a field day for the villainous teams. So, they make Poke, Great, Ultra, and various other Balls of varying strength.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    As to why they don't work on fainted 'Mons- there really isn't any other reason than gameplay- far as I can tell.

Unless the data transfer requires the 'Mon be concious- perhaps it only works when synchronised with certain levels of neuro-electrical activity.

That may be the only possible explanation. Pokemon need to be conscious in order to be caught. Their thoughts stimulates neuro-activity. And as you should know, All or most neurons create electricity. That electricity may be what it takes to activate the Pokeballs.

Back