• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why doesn't the police do anything about TR?

Years
  • Seriously, Officer Jenny has had PLENTY of opportunities to arrest TR but never has. Not to mention TR HQ is a big base out in the open yet they never raid it or something. Don't understand it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, there will actually be some investigation in Black and White. Now, if you don't want to know what happens them don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler:

So yeah, she is doing something now. I can't explain why she hasn't before though. She did warn Ash in the second episode of the original series showing him a wanted sign of them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think it's because the police may have something bigger to worry about, like other villainous teams.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    I would say for at least the first few seasons of the anime perhaps because the government of the Pokemon world is weak or Team Rocket might have bought off some political figures such as they exist in the Pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    Because, if the past is any indication, they are rarely much of a threat. All it usually takes is Pikachu/co., or an evolution to blast them off. Lol

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Because, if the past is any indication, they are rarely much of a threat. All it usually takes is Pikachu/co., or an evolution to blast them off. Lol

But that's for Jessie, James, and Meowth. What about Giovanni and the other members?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2013
    I think that the Team Rocket trio ironically evades capture due to their tendency to blast off; it may be painful, but it gets them a distance away in a hurry.

As for the higher ranks of Team Rocket, I attribute the lack of captures to two factors. First of all, Giovanni and Team Rocket appear to have a large degree of political clot, enough so that Giovanni can run a gym and bail out captured Rockets. Therefore, he probably is able to keep the police away from his main operations. Second, we mostly see the higher Rockets trying to capture Legendary Pokemon or other schemes that are usually isolated and/or seem too Farfetch'd to believe. After all, many people consider the Legendary Pokemon to be myths, so I don't think that the police would be keeping a particular eye out for people attacking Legendary Pokemon, if only because they'd have no idea where to look.

The police force has had minor success on a local level though. They have captured Butch and Cassidy multiple times. Plus, they have captured a number of minor villains, from poachers to robbers. I think that the main policy is for the police to provide regular protection for the citizens, while the high-ranked trainers such as Gym Leaders and Elites take care of the larger issues.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Actually i find it funny that ahs and co. arent arrested. They perposfully use their pokemon to hurt others and let the bad guys get away.

Also if they did actually catch them they wouldnt really have proff, no video/property damage/photos and who will belive ash and his comapnions, they're just kids! then again kids seem to have alot of influence on adults in the pokemon world...

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Well First TR gets away a lot. They are very powerful in numbers.
    But Grunts have been arrested before in the anime. And the Police probably think they are a joke and worry about other teams

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Honestly, I think the producers simply don't care about such an issue...

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Remember that episode back in Jhoto where that one Jenny kept thinking Ash and his group were the bad guys? Well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Team Rocket is an expert at hole digging. If they're put in a jail cell, one of their methods of escape would be to dig and tunnel their way out of jail. I doubt Giovanni would bail out the inefficient trio because they've failed so many missions (lol).

Years
  • I would say for at least the first few seasons of the anime perhaps because the government of the Pokemon world is weak or Team Rocket might have bought off some political figures such as they exist in the Pokemon world.

The former is a possibility, as we don't have much of a government in the Pokemon nation. The latter I could definitely buy, as Team Rocket is supposed to be a take off of the Yakuza.

I have a different take: I think it speaks of the popularity of Team Rocket, as to why the cops are unable to be take them down in the anime. We all love the Rockets or individual agents (I'm certainly one of them), so it is harder to root for the opposite (the Global or International Police). A big factor is that we don't have the opposite, per se, as we don't know the law enforcement organization in depth or have other officers other than Jenny. They are trying with Looker, and he does appear to be somewhat competent in the job.

(As a sub-sect, we should also consider the Pokemon G-Men, like Lance. Good to know there are additional organizations, with "G-Men" implying a governmental role. At least, in American terms, albeit a tad outdated.)

The rest is what the games focus on: you, the Trainer, taking them down. Not as plausible in real life, surely, but it does sound cool. What sounds better, as a part of ego: "I helped the police in taking down Team Rocket or I took on the whole organization and won"?

Edit: Someone cited B/W 004, with Jenny and the others surrounding the trio. She is improving, and I don't blame her for Flint or Pierce's unexpected arrival, per se. (She should have cordon off the area better, sure, but I don't think that would have stopped Flint, anyway.)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Because either one of two things will happen:

1. The whole plots of the show falls apart
    2. Team Rocket will get a good lawyer that will get Ash and all his friends convicted of 500-700 murder attempts and the new plot will be them breaking out of jail

We don't want either of them, do we?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    The former is a possibility, as we don't have much of a government in the Pokemon nation. The latter I could definitely buy, as Team Rocket is supposed to be a take off of the Yakuza.

I have a different take: I think it speaks of the popularity of Team Rocket, as to why the cops are unable to be take them down in the anime. We all love the Rockets or individual agents (I'm certainly one of them), so it is harder to root for the opposite (the Global or International Police). A big factor is that we don't have the opposite, per se, as we don't know the law enforcement organization in depth or have other officers other than Jenny. They are trying with Looker, and he does appear to be somewhat competent in the job.

(As a sub-sect, we should also consider the Pokemon G-Men, like Lance. Good to know there are additional organizations, with "G-Men" implying a governmental role. At least, in American terms, albeit a tad outdated.)

The rest is what the games focus on: you, the Trainer, taking them down. Not as plausible in real life, surely, but it does sound cool. What sounds better, as a part of ego: "I helped the police in taking down Team Rocket or I took on the whole organization and won"?

Edit: Someone cited B/W 004, with Jenny and the others surrounding the trio. She is improving, and I don't blame her for Flint or Pierce's unexpected arrival, per se. (She should have cordon off the area better, sure, but I don't think that would have stopped Flint, anyway.)

I figured there was the Yakuza connection as well as well as some Cosa Nostra inspiration given the main man is named Giovanni. It's given me some ideas for a fanfiction I'm working on though...

Back