• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Has no other game attempted Two Regions?

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    Thank You. I thought that post would get me hated.
    But I meant the game be on different cards, but not sold seperately. You pick the Region to start in, that Region gives you your starter, and you cant leave until you beat the Champion of that Region. All the Legends in every generation can be caught, without having to do an event or needing a special item or pkmn. All of them would be in a specific area(Mewtwo and Mew in Cerulean Cave, Sinnoh Legends on the mountain [forgot the name] Ho-oh in Tin Tower, Lugia in Whirl Islands. You get it)
    And Tin Tower would be called Tin Tower, not Bell Tower. That was the gayest thing Nintendo ever did.

lets put all legendaries easy to get. cause it would be so cool to start with lv 100 mew in your team!

and i dont like "pallet" town we should name i something else. im partial to blueisgay town.

come on... im sorry if you dont like it, but legendaries are legendaries. they are HARD to find because they are meant to be special.

and the names of stuff are what they wanted... im sorry if you dont like it, but we cant force them to rename charmander to dragonthing either. i apologize.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Well, the reason I always thought was that Kanto and Johto were connected so they used that to their advantage, and no other region is connected to one another.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • lets put all legendaries easy to get. cause it would be so cool to start with lv 100 mew in your team!

and i dont like "pallet" town we should name i something else. im partial to blueisgay town.

come on... im sorry if you dont like it, but legendaries are legendaries. they are HARD to find because they are meant to be special.

and the names of stuff are what they wanted... im sorry if you dont like it, but we cant force them to rename charmander to dragonthing either. i apologize.

Where'd you get the 'Dragonthing' comment? I was only saying they should've kept Tin Tower.
    I didnt mean Legends would be easy to catch. I meant you should be able to find them all without an Azure Flute. The catch rate would be lower, but everyone could get them.
    This isnt about what they should have done, its about what they should do if they make a final game for Pokemon. It would be a game that Pokemon fans would want so they can play through all the Regions with the same team. It would cost about $97, but with 1 million people buying it, they would get enough money to make another generation. That's the only time this game idea would be released. Theyre not going to do this unless they have to. There might be a guy at Game Freak who's throwing this idea around for the past few years, and it might come out in 2015. But, the chances of it happening are too low to even think about hoping for this to come out.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I always wonder that, too. I wish they made a pokèmon game with all the regions. *_*
    Ok, you might think it would be a bad idea, but in my opinion it would be very cool. I mean... I'd like the possibility to move to any regions I wanna go, whenever I want.
    The problem is that the plot would be just too long, especially because up to know, we have 5 regions, so 40 gyms to beat... well, yeah... not really a good idea, huh? XD

Dragonite's Wrath

Years
  • I always wonder that, too. I wish they made a pokèmon game with all the regions. *_*
    Ok, you might think it would be a bad idea, but in my opinion it would be very cool. I mean... I'd like the possibility to move to any regions I wanna go, whenever I want.
    The problem is that the plot would be just too long, especially because up to know, we have 5 regions, so 40 gyms to beat... well, yeah... not really a good idea, huh? XD

8 Gyms has never been enough for me. In Gold, Crystal and Heart Gold, when I got to Kanto, I never healed at a Pokemon Center. I healed them myself, and I never fully restored their HP. I destroyed all the Kanto Gyms without Nurse Joy taking my team from me, and I never lost a fight. That includes the Trainers in Kanto. Wild pokemon werent worth the PP usage, so I ran. The point, make Kanto more of a challenge. It was too easy. I would love to do the 'No Center Challenge with all the Regions.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • I only think Gold and Silver did it because they were supposed to be the last games in the series (which explains why Suicune was the mascot for Crystal, I personally think it should have been Celebi) so they put Kanto in there to make it a sequel and give something extra for the player.

I personally loved rediscovering Kanto, however I do view it as more of a post game thing, but lets be honest, a new region to run around is much better than just wandering around the same old region, maybe battling a few new people and catching a few new Pokemon as per usual.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gold & Silver is unique because of them hence why there is only one set of games with this feature, if all of them had it they would be too long and too repetitive, plus that's another 5 regions potentionally which again, is too much.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • The 1st generation of Pokemon were still pretty popular around the time Gold and Silver came out. Along with having a direct connection to the continuation of RBY, it would seem like an obvious move to put the previous region and gym leaders there. Although this didn't exactly have as many benefits as Game Freak could had hoped for. Yes, you could catch pokemon you would have to transfer over from your RBY carts, and did promote the national dex game mechanic. However it was simply too much on the cart itself, and the lack of story in the other region didn't help much. Whatever room you could have to expand the capabilities in one region would have to be shrunk if you decided to add another. Like if Hoenn was an additional region in Black and White, obvious features like the entralink or battle subway may had been minimized just for the sakes of having another region. Also money, Pokemon is generally a niche series, and there will more copies of the game sold if you have to go buy a single game to get full access to one region.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I think the better question is why hasn't any other game attempted every (main series) region, lol. Whether you still love Red or just the nostalgia, even though it'd be a bit much, I bet it's safe to say we'd all love to walk Kanto to Johto, take a boat to Hoenn, then Sinnoh, and then Unova. A new game with two regions would be sweet though, as long as the 2nd region had a back story, or at least some "fix the power plant" esque quests.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    They don't make a game with two regions because:

1)Gsc(The first games that tried that) were good,but not awesomely popular.
    2)It'd make the game too long and boring
    3)it'd take too many time to write backstories and produce it,and it'd risk to become too long and/or boring

I do dream about a game in where you can travel thru the 5 regions,and Nintendo are building the perfect systems 3DS and WiiU.But it probably won't happen.Just remember,faith and numbers do the trick.

Dragonite's Wrath

Years
  • They don't make a game with two regions because:

1)Gsc(The first games that tried that) were good,but not awesomely popular.
    2)It'd make the game too long and boring
    3)it'd take too many time to write backstories and produce it,and it'd risk to become too long and/or boring

I do dream about a game in where you can travel thru the 5 regions,and Nintendo are building the perfect systems 3DS and WiiU.But it probably won't happen.Just remember,faith and numbers do the trick.

I dont know what the last part means...
    Why would they not be popular? Is it because it was so awesome to have nothing left to do after you beat Blue in the Elite 4, except start over?
    Some people would think its boring, but they're the ones that dont understand the point of a multi- Region game.
    If this does come out, it'll most likely be on the Wii because the DS wont be able to handle all the info. They would have your character animated like on Pokemon Battle Revolution(or whichever one has the Purify thing. Cant remember) and the battles would be staged like Pokemon Stadium, but the Pokemon will make contact. Like, Hitmonlee used High Jump Kick, it would really jump in the air and bash Hitmonchan across the face. If its on the 3DS, the best animation it'll have is the pokemon actually moving for an attack, not just a stream of fire coming out of Charizard's body. And they'll flinch like they were actually it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Is it because it was so awesome to have nothing left to do after you beat Blue in the Elite 4, except start over?

This problem has been fixed due to the fact that there are side quest you have to do; by that I mean by maxing out your trainer card and getting all the stars on it. That would keep you busy.

:t354:TG

Back