• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why have you not bought a new gen console yet?

Can you see yourself upgrading to this generation of consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've already upgraded, as I'm currently owning a set of Wii U, PlayStation 4, and 3DS, but it did take some time, considering how expensive the consoles seemed to have been while purchasing. I wish they were less costly, but unfortunately, it'll likely take years for their price to start going down.

I would say I'm decently satisfied with them. Wii U isn't connecting to my router, unfortunately, nor my 3DS (likely due to some hardware compatibility issue), but am still loving the experience they are giving me. I've got lots of games for them (some I haven't gotten around to finishing as of yet, but will pretty soon), and I would say they are all equally enjoyable, more or less.

As far as PlayStation 4 goes, I'm not precisely happy with them now charging cash for some of their online services, but I'm still a fan of all the new features it had introduced to us and whatnot, as well as its graphic and mechanic improvements from PS3!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've begun to dislike more modern games now... hell, I didn't even own a PS3 so why would I go and buy a PS4? I could rant and rave about this but I'm not. tbh, I've not liked the direction the gaming industry has taken since 2010.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I bought a Wii U, but really only because I got a really nice discount on it.

I haven't gotten the others because there are nothing of interest on them. I might want a PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III, but I think that may be where it would end for that system for me.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I can see myself upgrading in the future, but lack of backwards compatibility is causing that barrier. give it until this Black Friday or after they inevitably come out with the 'slim' versions and we'll see.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have upgraded at this point, but before I did, I had plans to already. I was just waiting on the Wii U library to expand a bit more and after all the goodies announced at E3 last year, I knew it was prime time! I saved money all summer and bought my Wii U in August as a birthday treat to myself. I definitely love the thing. If I don't feel like playing a game, I've got Netflix I can watch, which is great cause my AT&T signal for my UVerse crapped out on me about a year ago. lol

I don't plan on upgrading my Microsoft experience. I have a 360 and that's enough for me. Microsoft doesn't cater a lot of games I'm interested in and I just don't really care for Microsoft as a gaming company. As far as upgrading with Sony, I am still working on getting a PS3! lol I'm always late to the party with Sony. My boyfriend wants to get a PS4 though and I'll be living with him in just a few more months so I'll have a PS4 around the house to play thankfully, so that's my way of upgrading with Sony. :P I do like them, it's just that I always prioritize Nintendo and Sony usually takes a while before the library builds up to have anything in my tastes.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I don't have 250 to splurge on a Wii U, and I'm already having trouble with my 3DS backlog. Oh, and I'm gonna need to come up with 200 for a N3DS someday, cause I want Xenoblade 3D.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • I am currently attempting to hold out on buying a WiiU until the summer. I am hoping for a price drop before then. There isn't a ton of games I want to play out for the system yet but along with SSB4 and Kart I want to play Wooly World and Splatoon at least when they come out! Hopefully I have some money in the summer and the price is a bit more reasonable... also hoping for a good bundle to be out around then. If the Mario Kart one is still around I wouldn't mind that one though. The US has much better bundles than here (Canada). I probably would have bought one for Christmas if we had the same treatment!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Money. It costs too much these days to buy a new upgraded system. We sort of have this fixed income going, and it's not easy to just go out and buy the next thing that comes out. I think the latest console I've bought is my PS Vita to be honest.

However, if prices go down in the near future, then I can see myself getting a new console sometime soon. The other reason is because I prefer portable over TV generated ones. Most of my consoles are collecting dust because they hardly get played anymore. Yet, my parents don't want to get rid of them because again, they cost too much to do away with.

Years
  • I have a Wii U and a 3DS and a capable PC. That's next-gen enough for me, at least for now. There's nothing I really want on the Xbox One, and the only game I want on the PlayStation 4 is No Man's Sky. Not enough to buy a new console for.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • All the game I MUST play are exclusive to the 3DS. No joke. The games I like just gravitate in that direction.

Also cost. I got Skyrim for $5 on Steam, Sanctum 2 for 3.50, and Console game cost $40-$60 each.

Maybe when the Wii-U-Too comes out, I'll buy a used Wii-U on the cheap... but there wouldn't be much point then.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Honestly I'm at a point where I'm happy enough just having a PC. The only new console I see myself possibly buying is the Wii U, and even that may not actually happen. It's more worthwhile for a film student like me to upgrade his computer rather than buying a console. If I could afford to do so.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • If I bought a Wii U, I would only want like 4-5 games on it, if not less. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly desperate to play any of those games at the moment, so I can put off the Wii U for at least another year or two.

The 3DS, however, is a different story... I bought it shortly after its release date for the sole purpose of getting Ocarina of Time 3D.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I see myself owning a PS4 sometime in the future, but to put it simple I'm always too poor to buy any new gaming console.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I don't see myself buying a new console anytime soon, as I have plenty of games that I still need to finish. I don't spend much time on gaming lately, and there aren't many games out ATM that I really wanna play.

I am, however, psyched about the new Legend of Zelda for the Wii U

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Simple: I've already got a computer that can play these kinds of games, most of the times better than consoles!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Seeing that a single 3DS game can cost like half the monthly allowance I get for college...

Yeah, not seeing me with any of the new consoles any time soon.

BatsyDarling

*✶вαтѕуdαяℓing ✶*
    Years
  • Because I'm broke and would rather spend my money on food, plus there aren't that many games that I really want to play. I'll stick to my PC and 3DS for now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Echoing the whole "lol i'm broke and i can't buy it" but it's more of...I'm still stuck in the past generation of gaming. I'm still emotionally attached to the older generation of gaming, the N64/SNES/PSone era type of thing, because those consoles literally made my life. I can't seem to get into the games or consoles of this generation because it goes on too quickly. Plus, it seems like we're going into newer generations every other year. I'm like "WOAH, SLOW DOWN MAN, I'M STILL TRYING TO ENJOY MY BRAND NEW WII."

I'm thinking of getting the WiiU sometime later, and planning on trading in my 3DS for the New Nintendo 3DSXL. That's the only console I am up to date as of right now.

Years
  • I guess it's a combination of not having enough money and there being very few games that actually interest me on the new gen consoles. I was tempted enough to almost buy a Wii U for Smash, but I decided not to in the end.

Back