• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I Bite My Nails? :(

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
    i feel like the only way i stop biting my nails is when im on my phone, playing a video game, or typing. congrats on 8 days going without biting! i wish i could do that >.<

Thanx! Neat, you just said (typed) one of the answers. If you have an note apk use it at often as posible. That's one of the helpful tips, I write a lot of game codes in mine. You have a cheerleader here! GO xxkaylabby!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to bite my nails all the time. Along with picking at the cuticles so I'd wind up with a lot of hangnails.

To stop, I think I just kind of...stopped. Like, one day I decided that I wasn't going to bite my nails anymore and it just happened. I still sometimes pick at the cuticles and wind up with hangnails, but that's because I have such dry skin.

i feel like the only way i stop biting my nails is when im on my phone, playing a video game, or typing. congrats on 8 days going without biting! i wish i could do that >.<
    Definitely finding some way to keep your hands busy is a good way to stop. I started a few writing and crafting projects during the time I was quitting.

Secondly, not to judge, but how does one derive pleasure from biting nails? I know it's a surprisingly common occurrence, but how does the feeling of forcibly tearing your nail off your finger give you any satisfaction whatsoever?
    For me, it was the satisfying crunch of something hard being torn in my teeth. I just liked the sound.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I've been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. Most of the time I don't notice or even remember that I did it and then I go to do something and wonder why my fingers hurt. Even if I let them grow and didn't bite them randomly I'd probably still end up biting them off since I don't like fingernail clippers. I painted my nails for about two months a few years ago and I didn't do it as often then, but then I got yelled at by my parents for painting my nails so I ended up stopping. I'd probably try painting them again but eh. I don't know. I also have a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth which makes biting my nails more difficult since I'm afraid that it's going to pop off randomly and when using my front teeth to bite my nails off they sometimes get underneath of the retainer which is also unpleasant. Lots of deterrents, but I just can't stop.

Back