• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I hate 4Kids and the Pokemon anime...

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    I dont see why?

Jesse GS the II said:
    It's nothing new, you realize...

And 4Kids' censorship is no reason to hate the entire anime.

~ I agree with jesse, there isnt no reason why you should hate 4kids censorship and the entire anime, there just trying to show the appropiate shows cause there are young kids that might attempt to do certain things and it is not right to have young audiences watch those type of episodes,
    yea it would be funny and entertaining to watch those banned episodes but that is for mature audiences and there are 6,7,8,9 year olds who watch pokemon and so on, and that isnt something they should be watching~

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Not the Japanese version. You should track down some episodes in Japanese if you want to rekindle your love of the anime. That's what I did - it worked wonders.

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Shinin said:
    I don't understand Japanese. And it would only help with scenes that were gotten rid of because of that.

So? I don't know Japanese either and I still prefer the Japanese version over the dub. The stories are pretty self-explanitory, so you can usually get the gist of what's happening just by watching the video (and that's the difference between animation and what Charles M. Jones called "illustrated radio").

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Don't blaim 4kids for doing their job and playing it safe. Blaim soccermoms who dont want their kids to see "violent evil cartoons". And besides, it's either safe, clean Pokemon or no Pokemon at all.
    And if you dont like the American Pokemon, dont complain about it, watch the Japanese version and learn Japanese!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    You don't even need to know Japanese to understand what's going on. o_O It's not like reading a Japanese novel. You have visual aid to help.

And regarding Ruujura, it was confirmed that it was because of her black skin that she was cut out of episodes she's appeared in since Johto. Since she was a main character in The Cave of Ice, they couldn't do anything but ban the episode.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    You don't even need to know Japanese to understand what's going on. o_O It's not like reading a Japanese novel. You have visual aid to help.

And regarding Ruujura, it was confirmed that it was because of her black skin that she was cut out of episodes she's appeared in since Johto. Since she was a main character in The Cave of Ice, they couldn't do anything but ban the episode.

Why do you call things by their Japanese names all the time?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Because it's their original names. I prefer to go by the original and refuse to go by the English versions. Deal with it.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    The more I read the more ridiculous 4kids seemed to be. I know they're just doing their job but it seems to me like they're changing everything to how they like it. The violance, the Porygon and Jynx thing is just plain ridiculous. "It's a kid's show" so what? Don't kids from 7 and up know about violance all ready? Yeah. 4kids blocking and editing and dubbing just goes to show how paranoid they are about this stuff.

Just 'cause in the anime they show some warden putting a gun to Ash's head doesn't mean every kid who sees that is gonna pick up a **** 9mm and do the same. This really got me so ****ing mad! And the thing with the towers? Okay, the incident was very tragic and horrible but you can't just go and change everything that has "tower" in it or something destroying biuldings because it reminds them of 9/11. It happened all is well now, move on and don't block out reality.

I know it's a show for kids but hey, let's face it. Even 6 year olds preffer movies with guns and zombie and blood and gore over some crappy little love thing. Take a look at video games, music and society itself. You might as well lock kids in a basement in order to keep them "safe from harm". Almost everything induces(sp) violance, it's almost a common thing. Don't think I'm supporting that they should put violant stuff everywhere, no. All I am saying is that editing these kinds of things is just plain stupid. Same goes for the cultural thing. The anime is Japanese, they should stop changing these kinds of thingsas well.

Years
    I have seen the Legend of Miniryuu, and I am so sure I'm gonna get a 9mm and blow everyone who makes me mad away. Everyone knows my little cousin who saw it will do the same! That kind of censorship is terrible. I mean really, anyone who watches Looney Tunes is gonna blow up stuff with dynamite? Think about it. Its riddiculous

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2005
    I recently watched the kyogre and groundon episodes and enjoyed it alot and don't have a clue at japanese.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Wait i second , i watch all of the episode then Tentacruel destroyed town (in Polsat (polish channel) and RTL2 (german channel))

BTW in the Butterfly reality , is sad , we never see his Butterfrea again since , he died and has a halo on his head now! BTW i'm truly confusing right now! :\

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Entei Fan said:
    Wait i second , i watch all of the episode then Tentacruel destroyed town (in Polsat (polish channel) and RTL2 (german channel))

BTW in the Butterfly reality , is sad , we never see his Butterfrea again since , he died and has a halo on his head now! BTW i'm truly confusing right now! :\
    Yes,you are confused.XD
    It was only assumed that Butterfree was dead.We just won't be seeing it again.

XD is contagious.

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    There was a rumor going around for years that the original Japanese version of "Bye Bye, Butterfree" mentioned that Butterfree die after mating. Of course, it wasn't until recently that one level-headed fan decided to actually watch the Japanese episode, and they found no such line spoken by any character.

Back