• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Why iPhones suck...

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Like many people, I bought an Apple iPhone because I got suckered in by how 'nice' it looks. I've got an iPhone 4.

OK, it's a bit outdated compared to the latest version, but really, they all do pretty much the same job anyway. Right?

Well, I think it sucks. First of all, you have to sync everything to the iPhone using the iTunes application. With most other phones, you can just connect a phone using a data cable and drop folders onto the phone under whatever port you plug it in. With iPhones, the computer doesn't really recognize it as a drive.

I've backed off most of my tracks onto storage devices over the years, but I accidentally ended up copying empty folders. So anyhow, I can sign into one account and download everything again, but that takes ages. I wanted a quicker way to add all the data to the iTunes app without having to add each file individually. Because it seems you must sync everything with iTunes to get it on the phone, whereas you can delete stuff on it at will, so it's a bit daft.

I also own a lot of iTunes accounts, for a good reason. You see, I love international bands and much of that sort of music isn't available on the British Apple store, and you can buy music from other stores, but you need to buy prepaid codes because a UK bank card will be rejected as a payment method. And if you love music like me, you'll want it at any cost. It's a little bit annoying. Another annoying problem is that Apple only lets you use one solitary account every 90 days, and if you select the transfer option, it removes all the other data and overwrites it with your data from your current account. This is just stupid. Since I've got hundreds of tracks, on different devices, it doesn't copy an entire folder to iTunes, which again is just mince. You still have to add it all individually. I'm trying to figure out what else I can try here.

The first problem I got was an error 9. It refused to see my phone no matter how many times I disconnected it and put it back in. After hours of mucking about, trying to figure out what to do, someone found out it was my SIM-card from GiffGaff. So I got another SIM-card with the EE service, and it's fine, but I still get errors where it doesn't always recognize the phone. The problem is, I don't really want to have to use a pay-as-you-go card, because they are made up by robbers. GiffGaff is flexible, and it's not a contract.

For the £200 I spent on this piece of junk, I could have bought a 32GB Samsung Galaxy, or something else just as good. The iPhone I have is only 16GB as well. Other phones don't always accept SD cards to increase the data allowed, so you probably need a phone with a huge storage capacity.

Simply put, Apple sucks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, it will not sync the tracks. People are saying this is a glitch. Others blame Windows 10, but I think it is just a lousy company. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    yeah but android is ugly so game over

I'm offended {D:}

Lol just kidding but I don't know, I have a samsung Galaxy S4, while it's the not prettiest phone on the market, it's far better than any iphone I guarantee it. Also you have far more options to choose from when it comes to android OS,

@OP might try checking out the oneplustwo

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I've never had many problems with syncing stuff to my iPhone, actually, but ever since I've had Spotify Premium I haven't put nearly as much on it. sucks that you've had all those problems with it though.

Years
  • I understand your troubles with trying to get music that's not available in your country. I've run into it myself a few times and it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find any website that legally sells music who will accept a credit card and/or IP address that's not from their own country.

I don't trust my music to anything that comes from Apple except iTunes and I use a specifically older version of that and don't update it. Apple products love to do everything for you and assume you want things done the same way as everyone else (or the same as Apples wants them) and that's just not how I do music.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    When I was on 7digital, on the New Zealand store, I had the same problem. So I installed a Google Chrome app called Hola to get an IP address from there, and then I used PayPal. Since then, Hola has gone downhill. It seems to think New Zealand is the United States now. :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • iPhones don't suck but I'm too poor to afford them :/ I also prefer the look of the 5/5s to 6/6s by far, I think apple dropped the ball with the design the past two generations

OnePlus for the win though

ShainePKGOTB

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    I can say certainly one thing after years using iPhone
    iOS > Android
    On the market exists phones that have a more beatiful design but...iPhone is having also a nice one

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    It's 2016, people are fighting over iPhone 7, which is after iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S. You bought a device which is 5 generation old and you are complaining about it. You should have bought an android an fall in love with that stupid thing.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • I'm going to have to agree with the OP here. The iPhone is overrated and I prefer Android. I've dropped my android phone several times and the screen is still intact whereas when I had the iPhone 4s, the screen cracked instantly. It only fell maybe a foot or two off the ground and it was totally non-functional.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I had an iPhone for years before switching to android for the first time last year. Honestly, one year on and I prefer iOS to android. There are some great features that android has over the iOS such as higher photo quality, customization, durability ect. But I find the iPhone much more simplistic and accessible, especially when it comes to social media or keeping in contact with friends. Perhaps its the aspect of adjusting to a completely new system after being so comfortable for years with one I'm totally familiar with, but I do prefer iOS to android.

As for music, there's no real difference when it comes to using android or iOS. Apple Music and Google Play Music (or whatever its called) both offer the same services and have a very similar music library.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    There are some great features that android has over the iOS

EuKa6rh.gif

such as higher photo quality

KNwfeZM.gif

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2019
    I have tested this thread and find that the iPhone is severely inferior to Android phones,

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I used to have an iPod before I got my phone (a Nexus 6P) and I really miss iTunes for managing my music. On iTunes you could easily build play lists and choose what to put your phone. With this new system you have to connect your phone, open some program to see the Android folders, search for a music folder, and manually copy and paste stuff. I liked iTunes better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I used to have an iPod before I got my phone (a Nexus 6P) and I really miss iTunes for managing my music. On iTunes you could easily build play lists and choose what to put your phone. With this new system you have to connect your phone, open some program to see the Android folders, search for a music folder, and manually copy and paste stuff. I liked iTunes better.

Google Play Music lets you transfer all of your music from iTunes to their cloud without the use of any cables. It even automatically uploads any new songs and playlists shortly after you add them. It's what I've been using ever since I got rid of my iPod years ago. You can buy the full version, which is pretty much like Spotify or Apple Music, but the free version is nice if you just want to upload things from your library.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Google Play Music lets you transfer all of your music from iTunes to their cloud without the use of any cables. It even automatically uploads any new songs and playlists shortly after you add them. It's what I've been using ever since I got rid of my iPod years ago. You can buy the full version, which is pretty much like Spotify or Apple Music, but the free version is nice if you just want to upload things from your library.

I tried it with a few albums but there's a few reasons I'm not really comfortable doing that. First, I have had experiences with it deleting my music from my phone and then playing it from the internet and using my data without me realizing it and I reaaaallly didn't like that.

Second, I need a good internet connection which we just don't have. It would take years to get all my music there ^-^;

Azelf Ibrahim

Good thing I'm here! No? Anyone?
    Years
  • I prefer iPhone just because I'm used to it I guess but I do agree with how lame it is that you can't freely move around data as easily compared to the other phones.

As for the 90 day lock out rule, I actually stumbled on a way to bypass it.
    My brother used his account on my PC not knowing about the 90 day rule. I lost my music, I couldn't just use my account to download them back due to the rule.

I signed up for apple music instead, it gave me a three month trial and prompted me to switch accounts! So it worked out for me and I was able to download my music back.

Years
  • I have a 6S and before that used a 4. Both have been fantastic for me. iTunes is not the only way to transfer files.

I hope you can find something that works for you.

Back