• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why is arcanine classified as a legendary pokemon?

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    it says on the pokedex that it is classified as a legendary pokemon but its not on the rare section of the pokedex and your rival can also have it in the game

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Not that legendary. >___>

Most likely legendary as in honored. Legend/Legendary has few different meanings.

Years
  • Not that kind of legendary. Say, the panda was legendary because people had sightings about it before but it was unconfirmed until recently. Or Arcanine may be legendary because of its skill or its stats rivaling that of a Legendary Pokemon (note the capital L). You don't have to take everything by the grain of salt. :D

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
  • Maybe because it's body composes of four different species of creatures and so for it to be, er, fused with so many characteristics it makes it Legendary. But that's my say, I'm not entirely correct.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • Doopliss said:
    Maybe because it's body composes of four different species of creatures and so for it to be, er, fused with so many characteristics it makes it Legendary. But that's my say, I'm not entirely correct.

I'm goin with Doopliss. It's probly legendary cuz of all the creatures its composed from. I think they were...dragon, lion, tiger, and dog. Hehe...strange.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, Arcanine isn't a very common Pokemon, and its also pretty strong.
    I figure thats part of the reason some people call it Legend...
    Or that, mixed with some other things.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • it's Legendary in the means of the game and the story within the game. it's not Legendary in the means that it is a "Legendary Pokemon". easily put, there's a legend behind the pokemon Arcanine.

and no, i don't believe it's a rare pokemon in the story of the anime even if the pokedex mentions it this way. just to think that every Jenny the Officer could have an Arcanine if they put more money on Fire Stones and less on booze for them and their friends, Nurse Jennies XD

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Maybe Arcanine is considered 'legendary' is because of its charisma and elegance? or maybe even perhaps it had lived since the Ho-oh era or something.. (erm, the Ho-oh era theory was just a guess~)

Back