• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOther1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2004
    Locked? Why does allot of the threads get locked i dont get this...

TheOther1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2004
    w/o looking back there are prob. 5 or six locked threads here and i dont see any spam

TheOther1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2004
    Any thread can get spam, so theres no point in locking for that reason, and ive noticed alottof threads douple or even triple posted because they still havent gotten answered

Years
    Look at the second part of my post. If the question was answered, then there would be no need to post in that topic anymore. Why does this even matter anyway?

Years
    Why would anyone else post the answer if someone already did? and how is it annoying? If you wanted to post in it you could PM the person who was asking the question.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If it's already been answered, there's no need to provide more answers, so to prevent a lot of repetitive posts, we lock them after a solution has been found.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Locked threads? Why is every thread locked? Like Eli said, all locked threads has a reason why they are locked. Most staff that makes the final post in the thread tells why it's locked.
    But I might as well tell you a few reasons we lock threads.

1. The thread is spam or pointless: Spam and pointless threads is locked because it's spam.
    2. Flaming/Bashing: If the thread is flaming members and members and bashing each other then the thread is locked.
    3. Question answered: Like Erica said, if the thread has done been answered. Or the question some one asked has been answered. Then there is no need for the thread to stay open for posts to be posted in it.
    4. Like JK said lots of members don't read the FAQ that's sticked and still ask a question that's in there so that's why them are locked.
    5. Links to other forums: A lot of members start threads in WD with a link to their forum not a site.
    6. Thread done started: If there is a thread that is done about that topic then the newer one will be locked and told to use the other thread.
    7. Old threads: If threads is posted in where the last post was over a month ago that thread will be locked. Because we don't like old threads revived that where a new one could be started.

Now I got a question for you TheOther1.
    How come a new member with 4 posts in this thread and 1 post in my fan club wanted my club locked, care about locked threads around PC?
    Why would you just join to ask a question about locked threads on a forum you never posted on?
    But then again, you posted here before didn't you? You have another account don't you. Because no member would join a forum and ask a question about the forum when he/she doesn't go there.

Last edited:

Sawyer

���
    Years
    maybe TheOther1 joined to read fanfics and that's it... and that was very well put Arcanine, and why did he want your club locked?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    TheOther1 said:
    cause it prevents more answers and its very annoying
    Precisely. It prevents more answers.

Sometimes when a question is answered, everyone starts debating the answer or spamming or reposting the answer, all of which is pointless. Locking prevents that.

If someone makes a thread like "What's your IP?" or something stupid or something that the mods don't want everyone answering, they lock it to prevent that.

If someone makes an ad thread, the mods lock it to prevent people applying, etc.

If someone makes a thread that is revived unnecessarily or duplicated, the mods lock it to stop ppl from using that one and using the proper one.

Or if they make any kinda thread that will attract fighting or flaming that's not in the T-dome or breaks the T-dome rules, it gets locked so none of that can get attracted.

There are already many answers in this post, and in this thread, and plenty more out there. I don't know all of them, especially as I mod only at an RPG, a fluffy RP-like HP forum (I abandoned it), a small Pokemon forum, and my own, and haven't been exposed to the moderating of this huge forum, so I'm not considering myself an expert.

This probably should be locked now.

And TheOther1, don't try and make yourself unpopular. Also, must you debate everything that is set down simply?

If certain threads weren't locked, why, this forum would fall to pieces. Any forum would fall to pieces without the *jingle jingle* keys. (pokes Brandonspikes in the ribs. It's a personal joke at his RPG, where I've locked heaps of threads and gotten to be infamous for my *jingle jingle* noise that seems to follow me around.)

TheOther1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2004
    ACManga said:
    maybe TheOther1 joined to read fanfics and that's it... and that was very well put Arcanine, and why did he want your club locked?
    Maybe the other one was a banned user who came back to spam some more
    MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back