• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why is FireRed/LeafGreen so awesome!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I love these games!

I think they stayed true to the original Red/Green/Blue which are my favorite Pokemon games.

The only thing I'd change is add more Yellow-exclusive features similiar to how HG/SS has Crystal-exclusive features.

What Yellow features would you add?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    I like the new TM's that were changed and also the newer moves as well. I am so glad they kept the games pretty close to the way they used to be because I never got Red or Blue because I was barely understand what Pokemon was when they first came out and I have both FR/LG too and it only took about a week or so to complete each version.:)

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    I enjoyed the music in Fire Red, and I think it had better sprites than R/S/E and a better overworld sprite style.

As for features I would have liked, that would be the ability to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald from the start. I don't enjoy repeatedly having to get the national dex every time I restart so I can use Shuckle, and by the time you do get the national dex there's so little story left that it's really not worth the trouble. This takes the fun out of Pokemon for me.

Another one that would be fun, I think, would be if they made a Pokemon OceanBlue. I know I'm being picky, it's just that I like Blastoise better than the other two starters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Leaf: Best. Character. Design. Evar.

I also think the interface and fonts are more attractive in FR/LG (the font in R/S was especially fugly.) Plus, being able to meet and take on some of my favorite characters, like Blaine, Giovanni, and Lorelei, is always a plus. Additionally, LG finally gave me a chance to obtain Persian (a staple on virtually all my teams) legally in the third generation.

I would have liked to see some Hoenn Pokemon alongside Johto ones in the Sevii Islands. Maybe expand the islands themselves a bit... I really didn't feel there was too much to do there.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
    I enjoyed the music in Fire Red, and I think it had better sprites than R/S/E and a better overworld sprite style.

As for features I would have liked, that would be the ability to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald from the start. I don't enjoy repeatedly having to get the national dex every time I restart so I can use Shuckle, and by the time you do get the national dex there's so little story left that it's really not worth the trouble. This takes the fun out of Pokemon for me.

Another one that would be fun, I think, would be if they made a Pokemon OceanBlue. I know I'm being picky, it's just that I like Blastoise better than the other two starters.

Yeah the first game had 3 games but the remakes only have 2 games which is weird but at least we got Fir Red and Leaf Green so we actually got the Green version from Japan but better version of it though.:)

Years
    FireRed and LeafGreen breathed new life into the soundtrack of the original games. The Ruby and Sapphire music sounds so different in comparison. Compare to HG/SS which simply fit the music into the D/P/Pt style.

Also, nostalgia without much expectation also plays a factor. As compared to HG/SS where there was a crapload of hype.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    You're one of the few people I've seen who enjoyed the Sevii Islands. I myself thought they were lacking though I don't outright hate them.

As stated before the nostalgia factor is what I love best about FR/LG. I don't remember there being so much hype nearing FR/LG's release compared to the HG/SS release now that I came to think of it. They could have added more Yellow-exclusive features like the Jessie & James battles and maybe a Pikachu event that's similar to Yellow's Pikachu and the surfing game it had.

Regarding the music, who can deny that the FR/LG Champion battle theme is the most epic soundtrack in all of the third generation? When I first heard it I got nostalgia of battling for the first time in Red Version years before that. The Rival battle theme from R/S/E was pretty good however R/S/E's music was too trumpety.

Years
    You're one of the few people I've seen who enjoyed the Sevii Islands. I myself thought they were lacking though I don't outright hate them.

As stated before the nostalgia factor is what I love best about FR/LG. I don't remember there being so much hype nearing FR/LG's release compared to the HG/SS release now that I came to think of it. They could have added more Yellow-exclusive features like the Jessie & James battles and maybe a Pikachu event that's similar to Yellow's Pikachu and the surfing game it had.

Regarding the music, who can deny that the FR/LG Champion battle theme is the most epic soundtrack in all of the third generation? When I first heard it I got nostalgia of battling for the first time in Red Version years before that. The Rival battle theme from R/S/E was pretty good however R/S/E's music was too trumpety.
    well, I agree with Sevii Islands lacking real imagination, it got very boring, and the attempted nostalgia towards GSC was so thoughtlessly done it made it feel almost insulting. however, the concept of regenerating items and berries was good. the gameplay was nostalgic, as it shouldve been, although more hidden extras wouldve been nice.
    music wise, my favourite is the champion theme from RSE.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I like the new TM's that were changed and also the newer moves as well. I am so glad they kept the games pretty close to the way they used to be because I never got Red or Blue because I was barely able to understand what Pokemon was when they first came out and I have both FR/LG too and it only took about a week or so to complete each version.I like the music in Fire red also.

Back