• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is PC special to you?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    We're all here for some reason or another, but what makes PC "the forum to be on" for you? Why are you here and why was PC special enough to YOU to warrant a donation of real money?

Friends? Content? Mod aspirations? PC isn't just a forum for most people, but often an almost tangible place that matters. So...if that's the case for you, what makes it so?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What Fairy said. But also because RPing methinks 8)

Years
    PC is the first online community I actually made friends who stick with me, and it has something for everyone. And of course how well the discussions flow here.

Sirfetch’d

I can relate to so many of the people here and have conversations about common interests. That;s harder to do irl for me. Also I met my best friend here so PC holds a special place in my heart for that. I can probably go on listing hundreds of reasons why PC means so much to me but those few probably sum it up the most.

Years
    Well I actually didn't donate for my supportership but PC is still special to me.

PC is one of my happy places. If I've had a bad day I can get on here and there's guaranteed to be something that will make me smile or laugh. It's the first forum I've really joined and I've met some great people here.

Years
    Well, I find myself more open to get into discussions here. That and with VM systems it feels easy to have fun chats with others, and i've met so many nice people here who i'm sure i'll always remember. ^_^ There are so many nice areas around here, so I can almost always find something to discuss or post about.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    PC was my first forum that I ever joined, and I like staying here because I have made many awesome friends, I feel welcomed, and I'm having great time. Plus, 2 of my friends (I'm looking at you, Alex and Twiggy) are the one who makes me becoming part of Crystal tier member too, despite that I'm unable to donate in here. That makes me appreciate being in here much more.

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    PC's just so addictive. I tried to leave once as it was taking so much of my time, but obviously it didn't really work aha. I like the friendly atmosphere around here, and though I may be a bit weird it's very easy to feel accepted.

Years
    PC is a forum I've managed to visit (and post on) everyday for almost two years now. All other past forums I've been at, I either don't post on everyday anymore and/or just no longer flat out visit. Being a moderator here also reminds me to come here and have fun; had I not been a moderator, I probably would have just dropped off the face of PC and not returned until eons later.

However, PC is special because it brings people together who have the same common interest: Pokémon. Not everybody here still plays Pokémon, but it was what was in mind when we all signed up, or at least I hope it was...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    PC is special?

There's another forum I go to mainly. I just hang out here occasionally if I don't forget.

I also won supportership in a contest. :lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It isn't special to me. It's a fun pass time when there's nothing going on on Youtube or Facebook.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    PC's the first online anything I ever joined (unless Neopets came before? IDK), and certainly it has an odd gravity to it that makes it also the recordholder for internet place I've stayed at (or come back to multiple times, whatever) the longest, a whole damned decade. There are very few things in my life period that I can say I've done or been a part of that long (especially forums, which I have only joined two others which didn't stick probably for even a year apiece), and it only strengthens my bond with this place even though it's a still such a fickle love, haha. Some of my life's history that has been lost elsewhere is recorded here, even if some of it's embarrassing and dumb, it's a part of who I was.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Reminds me of my childhood and the endless amount of time spent playing Pokemon! Also the community is awesome, not to mention the hacks and modifications that these awesome people can do!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Mainly because I've been here since near the very beginning, have invested so many hours of my teenage life here, and enjoyed a brief tenure as a moderator.

Even though I'm now a fully independent adult with fully independent adult things to do, I like to come back every once in a while and check on things to see how they're going. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    'cause I grew up here and like. have stayed for over a decade. on and off, yeah, but i always come back. i understand this community better than any other one and there are more friendly people here than anywhere else i've been. and i'm invested in pc's wellbeing because of all that haha

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    There is a forum where I go to argue and mock people and troll. I come here to have fun and make friends. And I have met some of my best friends through this forum, so I think I've done well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's nice to feel accepted within a community. Even though I don't, TPC has been the closest thing.

Back