• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is PokéCommunity so successful?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well, the fact that we are the first thing listed when one Googles "Pokemon Forum" helps.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I think, actually, that PokeCommunity holds one of (if not THE) largest english ROM Hacking community on the internet. That's pretty impressive.

Also, PC has so much... stuff. I mean, just look at the sections! There's so much stuff, and everything has so much activity apart from Tabletop Games. It has everything and more, most of it not even necessarily Pokemon-related. I mean, once you leave your home section where you first start, there's so much content here you're pretty much stuck forever.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think that you could probably compress it all into the community in general, forum skins, and the availability of sections like ROM Hacking and Game Development that those other forums just don't have. We've got a lot of unique things like a not-awful forum design (more or less the reason why I never joined Serebii), wonderful people & community for the most part, and just ROM Hacking in general - very few other forums would run such a section. PC is basically the authority on PKMN ROM Hacking, just because it's the place where mostly everyone who does it gathers.

Years
    I believe PC's success lies on the fact that we actually are a community. We're not just another message board; there is a lot of depth and variety of discussion here. People actually make efforts to welcome and know each other, talk with each other and make bonds outside of the forum. PC organizes a lot of events to keep people going from the Get Togethers to lesser ideas such as competitions (Poet of the Week, Review Contests, etc.) many of which we can attribute to the staff. For one I know that what makes a staff member great is his/her adhesion and preoccupation for the well-being of the community.

Also, PC is very big on hacks, and also serves as a meeting point for fellow Pokémon players. People can get really good strategic advice and help on the games here, meet people who they can battle with and trade Pokémon, and share other Pokémon interests like fan-fiction.

Pokémon aside, it's also a great place to showcase talent and to talk about anything in general.

So yeah, there are a LOT of reasons for the success of the PokéCommunity. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Well, the fact that we are the first thing listed when one Googles "Pokemon Forum" helps.

This.

And.

Also, this has to be the most well-moderated, accurately and carefully mitigated and troll-free entertainment forum out there. You cannot really compare the juvenile and immature users in certain forums to the users in this site, and I've only really logged in here a handful of times. Adding to that, forums and sub-forums such as the Emulation section which attracts a plethora of users somehow, making PokeCommunity THE most prominent ROM hacking community on the Internet.

At least that's what I have seen so far.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's pretty much a combination of all of the other Pokemon forums, plus it also has a huge hacking community. It's also the most eye-catching that the eye murdering blacks of Serribi.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Every time I come on this Forum and look into the Emulating and Game Developer's section, it always has the most amount of people so that could be a main reason why PokeCommunity is so successful. Another reason why PC can be successful is because of the Trading Corner and the Battling corner as well because many people now sign up on this website for those features too.

:t354:TG

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Well, the staff not being a bunch of trolls like SPPF was a huge factor in me joining.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    Most staff are nice
    I think a big thing is when the old ROM hacking communities like M3I died a few years ago then came here. Thats really the biggest factor as around 1/3 of PC is affiliated in some way with ROM hacking. And a lot of the older communities died around the same time, and so, viola, you get PC as the king of Pokemon hacking and one of the big three forums for Pokemon
    Along with serebi and bulba

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    1. Get-Togethers
    2. Rom Hacking
    3. Good Staff
    4. Forum on the latest game
    5. The Extras

NatureKeeper

It has the largest community for Pokémon, so more and more people join. If people started going to another website, PC will be dead, and no more people will join.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    For me, and definitely for a lot of the people out there, it has a lot of variety. Obviously, I'd assume nearly everybody who joins, does so because they are interested in Pokemon. But I think the variety is what maintains the numbers high, even as demographics move on from Pokemon.

For example, I came here for Pokemon, and whilst here I discovered graphics and tags and whatnot and began to do that. Nowadays, I literally am ONLY here for the Graphics and Photography section. Did it no exist, as is the case with a majority of Pokemon forums, I would have left here long ago.

So the age and everything is what gets people to join, but the variety, for my money is why we all stay.

Years
    I think the good thing is that there isn't only one aspect of PC that people like, there are a couple.

For me, I stay for the people and my board, but there are other things that I like to do every so often.​

stella

Love. Honor. Truth.
    Years
    While Serebii was the first place I joined in 2004, when my interest in Pokemon started dwindling, there weren't any other places there I felt I could post at. Now I'm back into Pokemon but that place is way too restricting (no custom avatars, no hacks that make forum things easier, etc). The whole atmosphere of the place is not as friendly as this forum.

I registered here in 2007 but didn't post much. I actually like this place better than Serebii. One big thing being the skins, but also because I can talk about things other than Pokemon 24/7. That was a big turn off for Serebii. I even find the ROM hacking boards interesting because it allows people to be creative and achieve something. I have never seen so many creative threads in my life. xD I'm registered at Bulbagarden too and I also like that place better than Serebii. PokéCommunity seems to cater to all age groups and Bulba seems to be for a lot of older fans. That's just the vibe I get from it.

Years
    Originally, I just joined probably because it was the first pokemon forum that came up.

I think a lot of people stick around because of the intelligent discussions and the generally nice community in the off-topic sections though. My last pokemon related post was probably months ago but I'm still here.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well, PC itself is great for all of the above reasons enumerated in previous posts.

A few of those are:
    1. Great webmaster/mistress(s/es). Seriously, Steve knows what he's doing. So does Jake, Andy, Audy, Jess and the rest of the admins.
    2. Staff listens. While they may SEEM like a cliquey bunch (and they really aren't like that if you bother to try to understand them), they do try their hardest to listen to the wants and needs of the members. New blood is recruited into the staff on a regular basis. They even pay heed to cranky old members like me, when I'm not taking the cranky vet thing over the top. You don't have to be an admin or a mod to change things around here. You just have to be loud enough. :3
    3. Welcoming. You can't find a more welcoming place on the internet. It's so well moderated, policed and integrated as a community that there's room for everyone, no matter how big or small your ego is. :P
    4. Features. Many, many forums are excruciatingly miserly with features. PC isn't, and it goes above and beyond even the base forum software code to provide more enjoyment and entertainment to it's users.
    5. Maturity. PC isn't just for kids. PC grows up with you, it evolves with you, it even accommodates adult discussion without losing it's "Kid-friendly" atmosphere these days. It is still haven to even the oldest of members, who may still have lives but can find time to visit. It's so wonderful that you WANT to make time for it, even as an adult.
    6. Variety. PC isn't hidebound, nor does it require you to talk about only Pokemon. It accommodates a wide range of topics from a-z excluding explicit ones. That makes for a civilized discussion usually and works well.

In short, PC just works. It rivals Facebook without being Facebook. It is original, diverse and generally is like a huge mall, there isn't anything you CAN'T find in it. XD

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    i dunno, the other major pokemon sites seem to have more posts and users on daily. i think people on pc are inclined to say pc is better because of pride and the fact that pc seems to function as peoples lives while the other pokemon forums are just pokemon forums.

Years
    When I got banned from Bulbagarden, I had to find a new home for my Pokemon forum life so I came across PokeCommunity and they are the best cos they are customizable, unique and a large database of users.

Plus there's friend requesting, which reminds me of Facebook.

Back