• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is THAT your username ?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    My (current) username is a combination of song titles that were featured as openings in the two ef anime. euphoric field + ebullient future = euphoricFUTURE. Good songs, good series. But we all know when I expire in three months it will change so why bother. D=

Years
    I'll explain both my usernames so far.

» Cowrie - I've explained this in more detail in the past, but basically: had a character, named that character "Cowrie" after remembering a question I had in some big book of questions and answers as a kid. Took that name when I first joined PC, since I suck at coming up with names and wanted something unique. For the record, a cowrie is a marine snail.

(Though if I'd known to what extent I'd be getting certain jokes by now, I might have taken the time to choose another name, hurr.)

» Sylphiel - taken from one of my recurring obsessions, the anime series Slayers; it's the name of one of the characters. She's not necessarily my favorite character, but she did have my favorite name from there. I think I've loved that name (or at least, that particular transliteration of it) ever since I first saw that series.

...So when I finally got the courage to change my username, it was one of the choices I had (and the choice that won, obviously).

Years
    Kyen is a mixture of letters from my name.
    Psychometric. is a cool name I thought for myself.
    I am just too cool! ;D

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    My screen name is and always will be the first letter of my real name. It's simple and easy for me to remember. ;P

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Ninja Murkrow; I'm a Murkrow fangirl, and at the time I was known somewhere else as 'Ninja Ralts'. I couldn't think of anything... xD

The Unchosen One; A parody of the whole 'CHOSENNNN ONEEEEE' thing - the girl who's sitting at home watching Ash ride a Lugia. It came from an earlier signature of mine, 'Why does Ash get to ride a Lugia? D:'

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    It takes a cool person to have a cool username; nothing is cooler than a delta. Besides, it's fitting...triangles are the least-appreciated of the 'generic shapes', kinda like me in the Game Dev forums...

devilicious

dream
    Years
    rikanai.

Let's see. I like the name Rika, and in MMOs I usually finish my character names with nai., so why not put the two of those characteristics together and see what I get? And yes, that's how it came to be.

Oh, and I hate uppercase 'R', so it looked better all lowercase.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    ZazzyMango: I tried to imitate the random awesomeness of the username Abusive Melon.

KurlyFries: A stoner told me my hair looks like curly fries. And my name begins with a K, so it seemed like and awesome username.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    CyberGlion- Apparently Glion was starting to get on my nerves due to it's overall simplicity--not like this is any better--I just find CyberGlion better.

But how I really got it was from this: One of my favorite members from SPPF had the word "Cyber" in front of his name. And me, being the type of person that tends to copy names off of others (Or at least used to until I came up with different, more original names), decided to add that onto to Glion--and CyberGlion was born. True story.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I actually don't know. I don't know why I chose Aurelie Fey, and I don't know why I chose Sariya. XD; Saryka and Scarlet Lynn have long stories as to why I chose them (long stories short: Saryka was named after Talim from Soulcalibur's "Syi Salika and Loka Lua" weapon with a slight variation in spelling; and Scarlet Lynn was an old alias of mine).

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It was originally going to be 'ShinjiLover', but they didn't let me have that. . So now it's 'ShinjisLover'. I chose it because Shinji (Paul) is my favorite characters. I lurves him. XD

That's also how people can find me pretty much anywhere. If I'm not ShinjiLover, I'm ShinjisLover. Of course, on my Shaman King forums, I'm MantaLover, because people wouldn't know who Shinji is. . But ML-sama doesn't have the same ring as SL-sama. .

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    I'm a big fan of the Shugo Chara! manga, and I kind of like the anime. The second season of the anime introduced a new attack for Amulet Clover, and it's called Honey Bubbles.
    I haven't seen the anime in forever, but when I heard about the attack I thought "Oh, that's such a cute name~!"

edit: Oh, m bad! '_'
    I had not idea that I double posted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    well because this is my second name. My first username is hinae is really quite annoying to hear that, I only guess what is my username but for now it's FranCine!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    My orginnal nickname was gonna be crissy but it was already taken so I made up a smiley to get my nickname online still.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Because I thought it was a good name for me. I think I can often poison peoples minds into doing what I do or want them to do and it spreads like a virus.

Back