• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is the opening so short?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    So, I'm sure CN is cutting the episodes also.
    This, I sincerely doubt. It take a press of a button to cut pieces out of a film. It takes some serious remastering of a song to shrink it down without it feeling like it was spliced together, which is was not. And since it's not different this week, obviously no one lodged a complaint.

30 second opening is all TPCi. And I personally can't wait for the full version, even if it's 2 and a half minutes long.

Instantmashed

Master Mashed
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    I feel the opening length is perfect. Honestly if they arnt gonna go back to the original music from season one....then the shorter the better. They keep trying to focus more on the younger crowd instead of everybody.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    I thought it was too short, and then I just grew accustomed to it as I watched through the rest of the B/W anime episodes.​

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    The song was okay, IDK why the went for the PokePark Wii graphics and not a montage of footage from the show like they always used to.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It seemed much shorter than the first DP opening, but I liked it more. It seemed to have some sort of originality to it, and the song is pretty good too. Though it could have been expanded with more scenes added to it. Overall I'd give it a 7/10. I still think Hoenn has the best first opening of the last three gens though.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Personally, I'm unimpressed with the English opening overall. I still haven't grown use the the CGI opening, only difference here is that the song is worse. I mean the middle is good, the part that goes "it's not always black and white." that part was good. However everything other than that is meh. Plus, as already stated, it's like thirty seconds, it's not even like SLV where the intro was ten seconds of awesome. This is more like thirty seconds of mediocre-ness.

Back