• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen why is there a church inn DP???could it be subliminal messaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    just tell me what u guys htink about the church in hearthrome..personally i think it is ridiculous..tho it doesnt bother me..i think the game would be much better off without it...last thing we need is another scientology crap..where ppl worship pikachu

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    just tell me what u guys htink about the church in hearthrome..personally i think it is ridiculous..tho it doesnt bother me..i think the game would be much better off without it...last thing we need is another scientology crap..where ppl worship pikachu

I actually agree with you... as an atheist, it slightly bothered me to have a church in the game, although it never openly says "church" - there's no minister or anything. So my guess is that it can be affiliated with whatever religion the player is part of. Except people like me, of course. ;-)

Still, no items can be found in it, no hints, no goodies... so why is it there??

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    It shows you how real the legend of Arceus really is. I think the church is one that worships Arceus, so you can see that it's not just a tale that was passed down from generation to generation, but was actually something sacred and believed to be true.

Mastabreeda

Master Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • SC
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    Also the ppl seem pretty sad in there could be nostalgic for the old pokemon tower in R/B and LG/FR. Just a thought...And yes as you said didn't say 'Church' so I believed it to be a memorial site like in older versions.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Also the ppl seem pretty sad in there could be nostalgic for the old pokemon tower in R/B and LG/FR. Just a thought...And yes as you said didn't say 'Church' so I believed it to be a memorial site like in older versions.

But there's already a "pokemon tower" in the game, where you get Strength. It has all the makings of a sort of religious temple, but maybe it could be in the name of a certain Pokemon. It really didn't bother me too too much, but it did raise an eyebrow.

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    There's also the Snowpoint Temple. I wonder what all these different spiritual centers worship.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I agree...It is nothing more than an object to renforce the storyline. It brings a connection between you and the characters...You belive in God, They belive in Aruseus...the theme is there to connect it to sacredness...It helps you understand how sacred the legend it to the characters in the game...Nothing more to it...As long you know how to separate the good teaching values in Pokemon games from fictional fluff that is used to communicate those values to a broad audience...You must decide what you belive is right and wrong...No game should ever dictate that. If you cannot decide for yourself then go to your pastor or religious expert or even a trusted friend or your parents...Once you know Right from Wrong you will automatically sort out the folly and will not have to worry about learning something wrong from it again...Just dont overreact. Nintendo has made sure that most of the content doesnt offend anyone...Except the odd few you can never please *coughextremistscough*

Years
    Um.. I think you're taking the game way too seriously if your complaining about a building that isn't hurting anything, not involving the gameplay whatsoever, and then making some asinine, irrelivant, and possibly offensive comment about scientology and even more random one about worshipping a Pikachu. FYI, Scientology =/= Pikachu worship.

Seriously, is it really affecting your gameplay, or do you just like to whine about things? It isn't even a church. It's probably the same as the pokemon tower in Lavender town, minus the ghosts and usefulness. If you don't like it, don't go in.

I like it. It makes the town less dull and boring, and more unique.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Typhoon said:
    I think the church is one that worships Arceus,

This quote has started a new faith: Arceusism. XDDD.

Typhoon said:
    There's also the Snowpoint Temple.

Snowpoint worships Regigigas. *Regigigasism starts.*

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I don't have a problem with talking about this subject. I'm glad that Aethos brought it up, cuz it did bring more discussion to the forums. (BTW, I'm agnostic).

Regigigasism is probably the worst name for a religion ever. LOL. It just rolls off your tongue, doesn't it? [/sarcasm lol]

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Regigigasismregigigasismregigigasism. XDD.

And yeah, I could be called agnostic as well. I really don't know, or care, why they put a church in Hearthome, but the temple is like a staple of RPGs, to guard some secret power, in this case Regigigas.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    This quote has started a new faith: Arceusism. XDDD.

Snowpoint worships Regigigas. *Regigigasism starts.*

Ha! Nice.

I'm personally a Frisbeetarianist...

We believe that when you die, your soul flies up and gets stuck on the roof.

I've been looking into Pastafarianism also.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Aethos, as the rules clearly state "Do not take a person's age, sex, sexuality, religion, race or color and use it in any derogatory manner.", so yeah.. calling scientology crap is definitely in violation of this rule, so please do not do so again.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I heard it was an Art Musiem (Sp?). I don't think they would put religion in Pokemon, otherwise they'd be sued to hell. =(

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Yeeeah!

uhcakip pihsrow uoy ekam ot segassem lanimilbus stup odnetnin

Honestly, I'm the Subliminal Message expert.
    If I spotted a message in Pokemon, I'm sure I'd notice that.

Did you listen to Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven Backwards?
    THAT is a subliminal message for ya!

And no wimps can do.

Years
    I think it wouldn't effect the game either way, it's not like it has a sign saying "YOUR RELIGION SUCKS!" It's a church, just a church, nothing more than pixels.
    Another opinion I have is, maybe Nintendo, and all of them are making up for that "swastika" incident on the trainer card with Golbat on it.

Last edited:

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    They don't need to make up for anything regarding the swastika. In eastern cultures, the swastika originates in India and has arms pointing left (although it's also been written with the arms pointing right) and symbolizes life. The Nazi swastika that you're all familiar with was a deliberate corruption of the eastern swastika (its arms point right).

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    i love how they took the time to create a whole in-depth meaning of the universe according to pokemon, gave me a good laugh :P

the universe was created by the great one! and our area was created by a spirit with 3 gods to keep it in balance.

and then at the same time they are alway trying to force evolution down our throats ;)

and rowan said that all pokemon evolve except legendaries, well what about spiritomb and chatot? eh? EH?

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    and rowan said that all pokemon evolve except legendaries, well what about spiritomb and chatot? eh? EH?
    Their evolutions haven't been discovered yet. Scyther, Magmar, Electabuzz, Jinx, etc used to be non-evolving, too. We might see Chatot and Spiritomb having evolutions or pre-evolutions in the next gen.

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    Their evolutions haven't been discovered yet. Scyther, Magmar, Electabuzz, Jinx, etc used to be non-evolving, too. We might see Chatot and Spiritomb having evolutions or pre-evolutions in the next gen.

yeah i know, they have to leave some mystery for the other games ;) but in this game they took every pokemon that didn't have any evolutions and gave them a new form. i look forward to the spiritomb evolution, but couldn't care less about chatot :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back