• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why no Pokemon game's releasing this year?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    IThe Pokemon franchise has always taken full advantage of Nintendo's next console, all the way back to GSC being released on the Game Boy Color. And it just continues from there.

Actually, only Crystal was a GBC game. Gold/Silver were GB games that were enhanced for the GBC, similar to Yellow. They could still be played on a classic GB or a SGB, only appearing in monochrome instead of full color.

In fact, it's because of the precedence set by Crystal that the next Gen 6 game could very well be released as a New 3DS exclusive. The New 3DS is nothing more than an upgraded re-realease akin to the GBC and DSi rather than a completely new handheld.

Years
    The main problem with making the next game New 3DS-exclusive is that it'll cause those who don't have one to complain and say they've been left out, and I know that because I'm one of those who will get cut out if it's a New 3DS-exclusive.

Just make it be on the 3DS like the whole of this generation has been, and have optional features that are further enhanced when used on a New 3DS like how we had DS games with enhanced features on a DSi or DSi XL.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think one of the most important questions is:

On what platform will the next game be released?

The Pokemon franchise has always taken full advantage of Nintendo's next console, all the way back to GSC being released on the Game Boy Color. And it just continues from there.

Any ideas?

Pokémon has always taken full advantage if Nintendo's next console, slow. 3DS was released in 2011 but XY were released in 2013, DS was released in 2004 but the IR trading communication feature was applied on BW , let's not forget that DP made their debut in year 2006 too.

So I doubt the next Gen VI core game is gonna be released for N3DS (exclusively or not). Gen 7? Probable and most likely yes to differentiate it from Gen VI.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
    Recently i have read this article

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/38913/mapping-out-the-next-five-years-of-pokemon

I should say that the template is good, but can we say that we just need to change the year ???

This is an interesting theoretical article, but unfortunately it doesn't go very far beyond that. I mean, the author himself says, "I have confidence this is going to happen," but cannot explain where that confidence comes from. It's all mostly hearsay and speculation unfortunately.

Pokémon has always taken full advantage if Nintendo's next console, slow. 3DS was released in 2011 but XY were released in 2013, DS was released in 2004 but the IR trading communication feature was applied on BW , let's not forget that DP made their debut in year 2006 too.

So I doubt the next Gen VI core game is gonna be released for N3DS (exclusively or not). Gen 7? Probable and most likely yes to differentiate it from Gen VI.

I guess this is true. What I'd really like to see done is for the main series Pokémon games to branch out just a little bit. Remember at the end of 2014 when Nintendo announced it would be developing games for mobile devices? It sure would be nice if that could happen for the main series Pokémon games. This is probably wishful thinking though because with all the main series games made only for a Nintendo handheld gaming device thus far, it's hard to imagine it'd go any other way. Game cartridge + handheld gaming device = more money. Would be really nice though!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm okay with waiting for another game because I do have some things to catch up on in some of the more recent games. I think we're gonna see either Pokémon Z or a Kanto Remake for the 20th anniversary, the latter of which I strongly think has to be considered. Hopefully it offers some more meaningful post game than FRLG (I still love you my precious Gen II Kanto game) :P

Actually, only Crystal was a GBC game. Gold/Silver were GB games that were enhanced for the GBC, similar to Yellow. They could still be played on a classic GB or a SGB, only appearing in monochrome instead of full color.

I find this irrelevant and nitpicky because A.) If you look at the box for Gold and Silver, it literally says Game Boy Color on it and B.) Yes your statement is right, also notice they said " taken full advantage of Nintendo's next console," which regardless of it not being an exclusively GBC game, it still fulfills that requirement.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I find this irrelevant and nitpicky because A.) If you look at the box for Gold and Silver, it literally says Game Boy Color on it and B.) Yes your statement is right, also notice they said " taken full advantage of Nintendo's next console," which regardless of it not being an exclusively GBC game, it still fulfills that requirement.

It's called being accurate and precise. GS were not GBC games on GBC carts, period. Yes, they took advantage of the GBC's capabilities a bit more than Yellow did, but that doesn't change the fact that they could still be played on a monochrome GB or SGB.

Years
    Recently i have read this article

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/editorial/38913/mapping-out-the-next-five-years-of-pokemon

I should say that the template is good, but can we say that we just need to change the year ???

I feel like what he's saying in the article might not be true, but it's odd to see he's predicting a sequel for X & Y later this year but it's now July and still no announcement on a new core series game, so it's likely we won't get a new core series entry this year. It will be interesting to see if any of his other predictions come true though.

Years
    I think they're planning something really big for Pokemon's 20th anniversary. It can be pokemon x2 and y2 or pokemon z, but for something really big.. i think they will not go with kalos once again. It will most likely be a new region in which GF will do their best or else Red and Blue remakes on 3ds.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Sorry haters, but I still can't see Gen 4 being remade before Gen 1. Despite what happened in Zelda with Wind Waker being remade before Majora's Mask, older games are usually remade BEFORE newer ones.

Years
    i'm leaning more towards the possibility of a game coming out for the 20th anniversary now that I think about it. It has gotta be something special so they're probably spending more time on it.

This is probably what I'm suspecting may be the case, because the 20th anniversary needs to be special they have to work extra hard to make sure that what they're planning to release for it isn't a waste of effort.

Years
    After thinking for a moment I've also noticed that even though it is 20th anniversary game ,I'll be a gen 6 game and i don't think so that gen 6 is a pretty good generation for hosting such an important game title.They may start fresh with gen 7...

Back