• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why no Surfing Pikachu in Gen 7???

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    I tell you, it just IRKS me that after 6 gens of Pokemon sequels, we still do not have Surfing Pikachu available, i mean is it really THAT OP for a Pikachu to learn Surf?

am i the only one feeling this way? please comment if you are annoyed by the lack of Surfing Pikachu, especially in the Alolan Region.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I don't think there should be a Surfing Pikachu, especially after all of the easter-eggs Pikachus we've gotten. Pikachu already has enough love, from Ash Hat Pikachu to Cosplay Pikachu (+ not to mention the actual Ash Pikachu event during the Sinnoh times and Pikachu having its very special voice).

lol techinall we already gotten Surfing Pikachu, look at Alola Raichu, now there's a reference if I'd seen one

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • There's no reason we should not get a Pikachu with Surf event or better yet just make it learnable by the Electric Mouse. It would also tie in to Alolan Raichu.

And if we do get such an event make it available all over not just in Japan. In Europe last year we did not get the Mew Event but got the worthless Zoroark event.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    If anything it would have made sense to allow VC Pokemon yellow to learn surf as it could from pokemon stadium then be transferred over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    I just want pokebank functionality already so I can do a nuzlocke.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    There's no reason we should not get a Pikachu with Surf event or better yet just make it learnable by the Electric Mouse. It would also tie in to Alolan Raichu.

And if we do get such an event make it available all over not just in Japan. In Europe last year we did not get the Mew Event but got the worthless Zoroark event.

that's what i meant, i didnt mean to make it sound like i wanted another cosmetic Pikachu, but to have Surf learnable for Pikachu/Raichu, but instead we didnt get that, and it annoys me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It is pretty ridiculous that Alolan Raichu can't even learn surf and it's literally the surfing Pokemon...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Most of the special Pikachus we have gotten are events right? Soo... it's only been a few months... I'm sure they'll release more events and I have no doubt that some will include Pikachu.

Back