• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why not create a Mrs. Mime?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    It's kind of been a joke how a Mr. Mime can be female, so why not solve this with creating a Mrs. Mime?

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Because in the first gen, there was no genders, and MR. Mime's Japanese name has no reference to genders.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The above, plus...

Mimes freak me out.

Then again, Mr. Mime is one of those Pokemon that could sorely use an evolution, and maybe thatr hypothecical evo wouldn't have a gender-specific name...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Because in the first gen, there was no genders, and MR. Mime's Japanese name has no reference to genders.

^This

There's no point in making an only English version of 'Ms. Mime' just because there's a 'Mr.' in front of the English one and not the Japanese one.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • Because it's bad enough we have a Mr. Mime AND a Mime Jr, and now you want yet ANOTHER mime? I thought having only one mime was as bad as it would get..No! You get a little deformed baby mime too! >_< ARGH Worst. Baby. Pokemon. EVER.

Years
  • Better idea would be to retcon the whole Mr. Mime/jr. name...or at least make it the Kanto region's name for the beast, and the rest of the Poke world call it something else.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Going with the second post here, I think that Mr. Mime deserves to keep its current name, as creepy as it sounds to have a female Mr. Mime. People can always nickname it "Mrs./Ms. Mime."

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I don't mime the name at all. :cer_giggle: Nothing? Ok. x3
    Anyways, as been stated above, Japanese name and whatnot, so that's why.^^ But if they can somehow program the name Mrs. Mime to whenever a female Mr. Mime appears, that'd be fine.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • NO!

Everything everyone else has said is so true. Also, Mr.Mime's appearance freaked me out enough! The Mrs. Mime would probably give me nightmares!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Basically like everyone said: its been introduced in the first generation, where there were no "genders" so its only to be precieved as "Male".

Though...when you think about the introduction to gender in the later gens, it does contridrict that. @-@; Like for instance...Slow"King", "King"dra can be female, and Gardevoir can be male, despite its appearence. :|

Back