• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why not hack games other then pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
  • I actually hack Super Mario World only 1 or 2 times. And I'm trying to hack SMW based on Pokémon. Sprites don't come very good. So I quit. Even I attempt to make another one. I quit too.

It's the only SMW Hack with this attachment file I made but it is originally used for a contest but I didn't win. I pretty suck at it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I actually hack Super Mario World only 1 or 2 times. And I'm trying to hack SMW based on Pokémon. Sprites don't come very good. So I quit. Even I attempt to make another one. I quit too.

It's the only SMW Hack with this attachment file I made but it is originally used for a contest but I didn't win. I pretty suck at it.
    Could you please post a screen? ^^

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • Could you please post a screen? ^^

I could post screenshots but it's only for Yoshi's Island 1 so it's actually a 1 level SMW hack which is used for a design a level contest that S.N.N. and FirePhoenix hosted. But then again, quite useless.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I could post screenshots but it's only for Yoshi's Island 1 so it's actually a 1 level SMW hack which is used for a design a level contest that S.N.N. and FirePhoenix hosted. But then again, quite useless.
    I want to put the screen in the first post... =(

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    I honestly think that Pokemon hacking is easier because there are tools for it. All kinds of tools to make the game easy and simple.

pressedlee

Dark-Souled Hacker
    Years
  • I hack Pokemon because of the absolute customization it has held since its beginnings. There is no one right or wrong way to play through the game. You may breeze through the game with a team of Mewtwos, or you may go through utter chaos with a team of Magikarps. The choice truly is up to the player.

smackdown85146

Noob Hacker
    Years
  • Because PC is pretty much for Pokemon hacks. Of course, you could visit a different forum that is dedicated to hacking another specific game.

And I would personally love to see a Phoenix Wright hack. It seems like a fun game to play when hacked. Who agrees?

Years
  • You can also hack Super Mario.
    Hacking it's levels and everything.
    I think people hack Pokemon more because there are alot of resources for it and it's very common.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • i've heard\seen people trying to hack minish cap, but I haven't seen much progress with it. but believe me, when it gets farther on, bye bye pokecommunity and on to hacking mish cap :P

Kyle Black

Banned
    Years
  • Well you see peoples.. There are alot of tools made for hacking pokemon games,Some peoples hacks megaman games aswell, But you see, hacking megaman game is hard because there are no tools to hack megeman games or any other games. People started hacking long time ago, way before hacking megaman games or any other kind of games. Peoples became expert at hacking pokemon that they started to make tools for the public. And now more and more peoples enjoys hacking pokemon games. More and more peoples starts hacking pokemon games everyday. And now there are a bunch of tools made pokemon rom hacking easy. Back in the days peoples only could hack pokemon rom with hex editing. And now look.. There are like a thousands of different kinds of tools. And all of the tools are unique like it or not. That is why people hacks pokemon roms because it is easy,fun and it has alot of tools to hack with..

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have also heard that Mario ROM Hacks are incredibly easy, making new levels and such. Sonic is also easy to change, they are easier things to hack compared to Pokemon, as all you need to do to make them good is change the layouts to make a good hack, not everything else like Pokemon. I think people hack Pokemon because it is one of the most nostalgic games to them, one of the best games, and they remember it so much, and they subconsciously think that they should hack it to make it even better.

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
  • Ok it may be the POKEcommunity but it is the general ROM hacking forum, i mean, I'd like to see some metroid hacks, you have 2 all purpose tools for 3 games, SMILE (super metroid intergrated level editor) which has the fuctions of sabs(Samus arans beatuy salon, a pallette/enemy editor) and pretty much everything else. then there is double helix(aka zero fission) for fusion and zm. come on people! i didn't make 11 copys of fusion and zero mission for nothing! (and even more super metroids)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back